Glue recommendations
Mar 6, 2013 at 1:23 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Goit

500+ Head-Fier
Which type of glue is appropriate for fixing plastic earcups to plastic headbands?

I want tractable glue, not the type that spills all over. (because we are dealing with small sized nooks and crannies here) Also the glue shouldn't become brittle and crack after a month.

Mar 6, 2013 at 11:09 PM Post #4 of 6
Ok, so I got the epoxy. Basically I'm trying to do the KSC 75 headband mod myself, except the nuts of the headbands I'm using are too "wide" at the center. The earpieces keep falling out because it lacks the narrower choke that's needed to snap them in. Can epoxy create a padding of non-negligible thickness that bridges the small space between the two components?

Mar 7, 2013 at 2:35 PM Post #5 of 6
Certainly.  over-build the area and then grind it down with a file or dremel to the shape you want.  Common practice in radio controlled hobbies.  I used to club race RC cars.  I've done this trick countless times track side to get through a race day.  Murphys law would have it that the ONE piece that breaks is the one I didn't stock in my pit  box.  I may have missed a heat or two while the epoxy cures.  But nothing more than that.  Actually I think the epoxy over-built part is stronger than the original part... especially with graphite molded parts (light rigid but very brittle).

side note... dremel and quick cure epoxy are a must have for any RC enthusiast. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back