GLite with RS2s?
Apr 1, 2007 at 11:38 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

makasin

100+ Head-Fier
I am currently an owner of the HD650s and the GLite and I am considering adding the RS2s to my arsenal, but I am wondering how they will work with the amp I have. I hear lots of people like the Grados with tubes, so I am curious about how a discrete solid state would compare.

Apr 4, 2007 at 10:00 PM Post #2 of 14
So Gilmore Lite is no-go for RS2?

Apr 4, 2007 at 10:08 PM Post #4 of 14
An amp that does good with the HD650 probably will not do as well with a grado, because hd650s thirst for voltage and grados hunger for current.

Apr 4, 2007 at 10:11 PM Post #6 of 14
But isnt the GLite designed for low impedence headphones? All the pics of the GLite have an RS-1 on top of it.

Apr 4, 2007 at 10:12 PM Post #7 of 14
On my Gilmore, the 225s are always at a slightly lower volume than the 650s but very close

Apr 5, 2007 at 2:26 AM Post #8 of 14
The GLite (which is a Dynalo) was designed with Grados in mind, but does well with Sennheisers too. There's a couple reviews here using the GLite with both Grados and Senns. I use a DIY Dynalo with my 325i and they sound fantastic! Good bass slam and smooth highs. I had the SR225 and loved it too with the Dynalo...wanted the clarity of the 325i so I upgraded. The RS-2 is next on my list and I plan to keep my Dynalo.

Apr 5, 2007 at 2:28 AM Post #9 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by ecclesand /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The GLite (which is a Dynalo) was designed with Grados in mind, but does well with Sennheisers too. There's a couple reviews here using the GLite with both Grados and Senns. I use a DIY Dynalo with my 325i and they sound fantastic! Good bass slam and smooth highs. I had the SR225 and loved it too with the Dynalo...wanted the clarity of the 325i so I upgraded. The RS-2 is next on my list and I plan to keep my Dynalo.

excellent, all i wanted to hear. Thank you!
rs1smile.gif
600smile.gif

Apr 7, 2007 at 10:03 AM Post #11 of 14
yeah, I love it with my 225s so I must like it with the rs2

Apr 7, 2007 at 10:48 AM Post #12 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by Killercrush /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The RS-2 is already warm compared to like, say a RS-1.

IMO RS-2 is brighter than RS-1.

Apr 7, 2007 at 12:43 PM Post #14 of 14
While I havn't found the RS-2s bright, only clear I must say I find them warm for Grados. Clear with warmth from the articulate yet resonante bass lines resonating within the venue. I did audition the RS-1s although not "in home" with my associated gears, however I thought them to be brighter by memory. However, I do allow for others opinions to be fully valid, but I thought in all fairness to balance out these statements above, I just needed to state clearly, this my opinion. The RS-2 IMO is warmer and less bright than the RS-1 in my experience. As always, associated gears downstream maybe a large part for these differences of opinion.

I find the RS-2s HFs to be extended yet silky smooth and refined and most realistic in the reproduction of cymbals of all my cans; Certainly less harsh than the 990s followed by the 701s whereas the 501s, which aren't nearly extended at all as to get into trouble with harsh HFs, yet their cymbals aren't at all well represented in their presentation.

Certainly then, the midrange upper mids must be the focus of this obeservation and deviation of opinion as to which is the brighter presentation . I'll leave that for others to be specific with and again, point out the roll of associated gears perhaps, being largely causative as to our experience and opinions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back