Glen Phillips
Nov 3, 2001 at 8:19 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Jacobh

100+ Head-Fier
I just listened through his new album, and it's really good. He's the former frontman for Toad the Wet Sprocket. I saw him open for Counting Crows this summer and decided I should listen to the new album called Abulum. Give it a listen if you like accoustic stuff or Toad the Wet Sprocket.

Nov 7, 2001 at 4:07 PM Post #2 of 5
I still have a copy of Toad's "Fear"... took me a year to find out who they are and then get the CD. I've always liked Glen but not quite enough, so that's the only Toad album I have.

The other day I came across this Japanese girl's website and she's a huge Toad/Glen fan (she insists that Glen has got to be an angel sent down from above)... was prompted to check out Abulum's lyrics, not sure if his approach attracts me, but I think I'll give it a go.

Nov 8, 2001 at 3:35 AM Post #3 of 5
You should give toad's last album a shot, its much better than their previous albums and little more rough. Its called "coil"

George

Nov 15, 2001 at 5:13 PM Post #5 of 5
Glen has an album called "Walking through walls". Beautiful and scary at the same time. I did not know he was the same guy from "Toad..." until now, but I sure can recommend "Walking...". Really nice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back