Gleam Audio / NiceHCK DZ9 (1 + 8) Discussion Thread
Jul 1, 2017 at 8:09 AM Post #61 of 81
20170701_135654[1].jpg

Jul 1, 2017 at 9:41 AM Post #62 of 81
Hi have had the Eternal 18ba for a couple of days now aclarity/mids/highs sound amazing. Compared to my Perfect Seal Deca they sound clearer and and more precise but the Deca is amazing also. Very natural sounding.

You can also adjust the bass. I have tried the 2 lowest settings. The lowest setting have almost no bass at all and the second lowest gives a very neutral sounding bass. Fast, tight and amazing texture.

I`am really liking them so far!
Congratulations to have such a nice IEM,
Can you please share your impressions in details how about the clarity/mids /highs and soundstage specially the vocals,

Jul 1, 2017 at 9:58 AM Post #63 of 81
Congratulations to have such a nice IEM,
Can you please share your impressions in details how about the clarity/mids /highs and soundstage specially the vocals,

Vocals are super clear and they are a bit forward sounding to me. Seems like its part of their house sound. But I think it depends on the bass setting a bit too.

Aug 1, 2017 at 12:37 PM Post #65 of 81
I came across this thread while searching for more information on the dz8. Has anyone tried the bass adjust switch on the dz8?

Aug 1, 2017 at 7:26 PM Post #67 of 81
It seems that DZ8 doesn't have a bass switch, but the DZ8+1 has one. I asked the aliexpress seller for a photo and here's what he sent me.
743064536-2048645160.jpg

Aug 2, 2017 at 9:12 AM Post #68 of 81
Hmmm, is the DZ8 plus 1 the DZ9? Yep. I think I can see the dynamic driver in there. I have had both and the DZ8 is way more linear than the DZ9. The DZ9 has a big dip in the lower mids. Well at least the one I owned did. And a bass switch would unlikely fix that.

Aug 3, 2017 at 7:28 AM Post #69 of 81
I see your point. I guess I'm not buying the DZ1+8 anytime soon, haha. Thank you for your comment.

Sep 26, 2017 at 5:42 AM Post #70 of 81
Hello guys, just a quick story from me so you won't have to face the same problems I've faced.

I've had a lot of good IEMs like Earsonics SM64, Velvet, Sony XBA-A3,Z5, JVC HA-FX850, 1200, Dunu 2000, Audio Technica IM04 and tons of cheaper models like LZ-A4, UE900, Westone 3 etc.

To cut the long story short, my curiosity overcame my conciousness and I've ordered this DZX-1+8 because it has 9 drivers in it.

Aaaand it's completely horrible. This is the worst possible IEM I've had in a long time which not only should not be priced at 420 USD but even worse than LZ-A4.

All the serial numbers are intentionally removed from ALL OF THE DRIVERS inside the earphone housing or armature drivers are placed in a way that you cannot check it. I have never seen anything like this.

I previously had Easy UE PRO 6(6 driver IEM for 220 USD), which I was not really fond of as well but at least it had decent drivers inside with serial numbers and it sounded at least it deserved these 200 USD I've payed.

This dzx-1+8 has absolutely catastrophic tonality along with absolutely horribly freqency balance across the whole spectrum. It feels like a ton of detail with unnatural tonality is being thrown into you without any soundstage builiding at all.

The bass switch is almost useless because in position when it is OFF it makes these IEM even worse like a crippled clone of Etymotic ER4S with the remark that Etymotic actually sound good and this dzx does not.

I've had them only for 3 weeks and already my bass switch is broken on right ear. I did not even touch it ***. It works mechanically but something has broken inside IEM that now right ear always sounds as BASS OFF and I can't stand that sound.
It feels like some armature driver or dynamic driver simply broke.

I wrote several messages to JIM but he does not respond to me because I've left feedback with 3 stars only and he asked for 5 lol. So, not only they sell overpriced horrible product JIM feels offended because I wanted to warn others that this product is bad.

Overall this is horrible experience. I am now left with 430 USD IEM which not only sound bad but also broke after 3 weeks of Gentle usage. I have not had a single IEM broken before that and I've had more than 70 different models.

I feel like this crap is that Zhiyin QT5 story which I also fell for but that time I was lucky to be able to return IEM after which JIM refunded me and then BLOCKED my another account from his shop because I decided to return IEM.

STAY AWAY FROM THESE DZX models. I can't say anything for DZ8 or DZ9 as I heard that they are produced by different factory but DZX and JIM after sale support is horrible and yes, give him 5 stars if you don't want to end up with broken 400 USD IEM without after sales support like me.

Sep 26, 2017 at 10:06 AM Post #71 of 81
Hello guys, just a quick story from me so you won't have to face the same problems I've faced.

I've had a lot of good IEMs like Earsonics SM64, Velvet, Sony XBA-A3,Z5, JVC HA-FX850, 1200, Dunu 2000, Audio Technica IM04 and tons of cheaper models like LZ-A4, UE900, Westone 3 etc.

To cut the long story short, my curiosity overcame my conciousness and I've ordered this DZX-1+8 because it has 9 drivers in it.

Aaaand it's completely horrible. This is the worst possible IEM I've had in a long time which not only should not be priced at 420 USD but even worse than LZ-A4.

All the serial numbers are intentionally removed from ALL OF THE DRIVERS inside the earphone housing or armature drivers are placed in a way that you cannot check it. I have never seen anything like this.

I previously had Easy UE PRO 6(6 driver IEM for 220 USD), which I was not really fond of as well but at least it had decent drivers inside with serial numbers and it sounded at least it deserved these 200 USD I've payed.

This dzx-1+8 has absolutely catastrophic tonality along with absolutely horribly freqency balance across the whole spectrum. It feels like a ton of detail with unnatural tonality is being thrown into you without any soundstage builiding at all.

The bass switch is almost useless because in position when it is OFF it makes these IEM even worse like a crippled clone of Etymotic ER4S with the remark that Etymotic actually sound good and this dzx does not.

I've had them only for 3 weeks and already my bass switch is broken on right ear. I did not even touch it ***. It works mechanically but something has broken inside IEM that now right ear always sounds as BASS OFF and I can't stand that sound.

I wrote several messages to JIM but he does not respond to me because I've left feedback with 3 stars only and he asked for 5 lol. So, not only they sell overpriced horrible product JIM feels offended because I wanted to warn others that this product is bad.

Overall this is horrible experience. I am now left with 430 USD IEM which not only sound bad but also broke after 3 weeks of Gentle usage. I have not had a single IEM broken before that and I've had more than 70 different models.

I feel like this **** is that Zhiyin QT5 story which I also fell for but that time I was lucky to be able to return IEM after which JIM refunded me and then BLOCKED my another account from his shop because I decided to return IEM.

STAY AWAY FROM THESE DZX models. I can't say anything for DZ8 or DZ9 as I heard that they are produced by different factory but DZX and JIM after sale support is horrible and yes, give him 5 stars if you don't want to end up with broken 400 USD IEM without after sales support like me.
It's really a horrible experience for you but you can open a dispute with Aliexpress and tell him all about this, i am sure they will help you.

Sep 26, 2017 at 5:24 PM Post #72 of 81

I feel like this **** is that Zhiyin QT5 story which I also fell for but that time I was lucky to be able to return IEM after which JIM refunded me and then BLOCKED my another account from his shop because I decided to return IEM.

Ali Express has a return policy. Maybe you can launch a dispute and send them back with tracking. Update the tracking number and get a refund. It worked for me with some terrible AK iems in the past.
You've already probably tried that?

Sep 27, 2017 at 1:47 AM Post #73 of 81
That's why i always avoid to purchase Chi-fi DIY products because you don't know what you will receive in the end if you are lucky enough you will get extremely good product and in order cause you will face a horrible experience for example a long time i am interested in DZ8, DZ9 and even DZ12 but still hesitate to buy them.

Sep 27, 2017 at 9:16 AM Post #74 of 81
Unforunately there is not much I can do. Aliexpress allowed me to open dispute only 15 days since order receival. Now I am pretty much stuck. They are not absolutely horrible, they are tolerable with correct source and balanced cable(both of which I have ordered specifically for this IEM) but now since my bass switch is broken this is a disaster overall.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back