Glastonbury 2007. Anyone going?
Apr 1, 2007 at 10:39 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

Blainethepain

100+ Head-Fier
Anybody get Glastonbury ticket?

I got mine after 1 hour and 40 minutes of trying. They sold out 5 minutes later!

Phew!!
biggrin.gif

Apr 1, 2007 at 12:18 PM Post #2 of 12
What's the line-up? (too lazy to google)

Apr 1, 2007 at 12:26 PM Post #3 of 12
Full line up to be anounced in June.

Well i doubt they sold out in under two hours because i purchased my tickets at 1115 am. Had to get the ones with coach travel though. I had already booked flights and accommodation for a night in Bristol after it. Never mind, will still get the flight down and just use the coach travel from Bristol to venue.

Girlfriend had been trying since 0900 to get through to the website with no luck. She also had two phones on redial and no luck. I phoned her at 1100 and when she told me she wasnt having any luck i tried from my works PC which is very slow and managed to get them in 15 minutes. So im happy.

The line up had better be good. I have tickets for T In The Park which has an awsome line up but cant go
frown.gif

Apr 1, 2007 at 1:58 PM Post #4 of 12
All tickets except coach bookings sold out in under 2 hours.

Apr 2, 2007 at 9:03 AM Post #6 of 12
Smart lad!
tongue.gif

Jun 25, 2007 at 3:19 PM Post #8 of 12
Wish I could've went, The Who were great last night on BBC2. But alas, it was starting just before the end of my exams (which finished today hooray!) and the more pertinent fact that none of my mates have varied tastes in music
frown.gif

So what was it like, caramelsoul, to go from one muddy and drenched part of the country to another muddy and drenched part of the country?
eggosmile.gif

Jun 25, 2007 at 3:55 PM Post #9 of 12
Watched some of it on TV . The Killers looked great. The Who - Fantastic.

Also enjoyed the Marley's.

I was looking forward to Paul Weller but his set was quite weak I thought.

I know you cant always tell on TV. So anyone who was there let us know the real story.

As for the weather it wouldn't be the same without the mud. Glad I moved to Spain !!!!!!!!!

Jul 14, 2007 at 6:50 AM Post #10 of 12
It was fantastic. Iv been a couple of times before so i knew what to expect weather wise. Fully waterproofed and a good tent. Unfortunately i left my 2 man tent there due to lazyness and drunkness. Its gonna cost £250 to replace, oh well.

As for the music, for me my favourite acts were The Stooges and Damien Rice. The Who were also very good. Hung about the Pyramid most of the day on Saturday. Guillemots, Fratellis, Lily Allen (who was surprisingly good), Amy Winehouse, Dirty Pretty Things (Excellent), Paolo Nutini (although i like him his set was week) and Paul Weller who was also very week. Then went to see Editors (Amazing) and The Stooges.

Other bans i enjoyed were The View, Hothouse Flowers, Mark Ronson, Scott Mathews (seemed a bit shy?) and a few Ska bands in the Leftfield tent on Thursady night. Some good stuff on the Jazz World stage as well which was next to the Brothers Cider Stall. Found a new love for pear cider...

Theres probably a few that i have forgot or missed, but if you could remember everything it wouldnt be a good festival.

P.S. Dont like the Killers so cant comment on their set.

Jul 15, 2007 at 9:36 AM Post #11 of 12
Wish I was living in Hayes, Middlesex again! I wouldn't miss it. Enjoy, because when you live across the pond, you have to go to "burning man" instead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back