Glassware Audio (John Broskie, Mr. Aikido) has more HPA boards in stock!!!
Mar 26, 2011 at 11:05 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Old Ducat1 SS

New Head-Fier
Good News, John Broskie has more boards in stock for the subline 9 Pin All-in-One Line-Stage Headphone Amplifer (see link below).  I've built one and it's the best HPA I've heard, though admittedly I kind of live in the wilderness and haven't heard much else other than a 15 year old Headroom and some other DIY's of my own.

The 9 Pin All-in-One has the ability, with good source material, to connect with the music that I haven't heard before from a headphone amp.  I just forget out Hi-Fi and groove on the music.

My HP system:  PS Audio Power Plant Premier, Cambridge 840C CD player, the above mentioned Broskie HPA, Sennheiser 600's.

No points for guessing whose industrial design I'm trying to imitate.  I only have access to non-CNC metal working equipment (I cheated on the groove in the front panel and got my pal Reiner to do it).

I'll post more information, pictures, results of tube rolling (great sound from tubes NOT at silly prices possible) and things I'd do differently next time in a follow up.

Cheers, Steve.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back