Glasses wearer, moving over to IEMs
Jul 15, 2014 at 11:51 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Rex24-7

Head-Fier
Hey Head-fiers,
I'm currently sporting a pair of Sennheiser HD-25 i-IIs. I've worn them every day since their purchase. The problem I just realized is my new expensive glasses are getting bent by the "Clamps" that they are. I figure my best bet is to go with IEMs now. I am looking for the same level of noise isolation and same or better audio quality. I mostly listen to heavy metal and EDM. Occasionally some Audiophile music. What can you recommend? Thanks.

Jul 15, 2014 at 12:28 PM Post #2 of 4
There are many full-sized headphones that will have less clamping pressure than the HD-25 i-II. On ear headphones will often have a good bit of clamping pressure to get a good seal and to make them stay on your head. Many over ear will be more comfortable and likely will work better with your glasses. Of course, YMMV since comfort is a personal thing and the temple design on glasses can be different.

Jul 15, 2014 at 12:44 PM Post #3 of 4
I did start out with HD428s (Around-The-Ears) before I upgraded to HD-25s. I don't recall if those ever made my glasses crooked, but I know I was told to get the HD-25s versus another Around-the-ear set for the bang-for-buck factor AND isolation.

Jul 16, 2014 at 1:10 AM Post #4 of 4
After some research, I've arrived at the Sennheiser IE80s, due to having a similar signature to hd25s and controllable bass. The only thing I'm worried about is isolation. Will be using these during work. Can you recommend another iem with better isolation but still as comfortable and on same budget ($300)? I'm this close to owning 3 Sennheisers. XD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back