Glasses Friendly Cans, comfort in mind? < $70 budget
Jan 8, 2006 at 5:45 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

Reiniku

New Head-Fier
Hi, first time posting and I thought I'd try to get a bit of help.

I'm trying to find a good pair of headphones that won't really bug the fact that I wear glasses. They're relatively loose and have a wide frame (they're very comfortable to me this way). They'll be mostly used for listening to music on my computer, plugged directly into a 2zs, which I'll probably change out soon.

What I've been eyeing for forever are a pair of hd555's, but they're simply out of the budget right now. I'm basically looking for a good pair, no preference of closed or open, headphones that'll be VERY comfortable... with glasses.

Edit: After a bit more thinking, I think I want to spread my budget over a pair of headphones for home use and something for my 4gb ipod mini.

Jan 8, 2006 at 5:49 AM Post #2 of 15
Do you find earclips bothersome when you wear your glasses?? If not, then definitely get the KSC-75s for 14 bucks from Amazon, you won't regret it. And buy a CD or something for free shipping!

Jan 8, 2006 at 5:50 AM Post #3 of 15
most anyone phone will be fine. I've used grados, kosses, sennheisers, beyers, etc with glasses, and have had no real problem. It's a little weird at first, but you get used to it.

Jan 8, 2006 at 5:57 AM Post #4 of 15
I've thought about it a bit more and I think I sort of want to thin out my budget a little more. What do you guys think about some hd201's (or 202's?) and some iems (semi stuff) for my mini. In terms of those I'm eyeing the JVC FX55's, the A-T CK5's, and the Panasonic HJE50's. I'll take either over my ex51's which just literally break over time (physically) and feel muddy.

Jan 8, 2006 at 5:58 AM Post #5 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by DieInAFire
Do you find earclips bothersome when you wear your glasses?? If not, then definitely get the KSC-75s for 14 bucks from Amazon, you won't regret it. And buy a CD or something for free shipping!

I've tried earclips and they really bug me since they interfere with my frames, though I've heard great things about the ksc-75's.

Jan 8, 2006 at 5:59 AM Post #6 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by DieInAFire

I second this. I ended up getting them from Circuit City for $19.99 because I wanted them NOW. Plus with standard shipping (not the free shipping) it was $18.97 or something before tax. I can handle an extra dollar for "next second shipping".

The KSC-75 is very comfy with glasses. More so than my Grado's, which I prefer to take them off in order to listen (though being near sighted, I can still see the monitor/read without my specticles).

Jan 8, 2006 at 6:01 AM Post #7 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by VR6ofpain
I second this. I ended up getting them from Circuit City for $19.99 because I wanted them NOW. Plus with standard shipping (not the free shipping) it was $18.97 or something before tax. I can handle an extra dollar for "next second shipping".

The KSC-75 is very comfy with glasses. More so than my Grado's, which I prefer to take them off in order to listen (though being near sighted, I can still see the monitor/read without my specticles).

I might go on over to circuit city and buy a pair then instead of some iems. If they really bother me I can always return.

Jan 8, 2006 at 9:12 AM Post #8 of 15
for the most part, none of the cans that i've gone though have ever bothered me and my eyeglasses. this ranges from grado, sennheiser, koss to audio technica. for the price, the ksc75 is a true bang for the buck. those and the ksc35 have never bothered me even though i wear glasses.

Jan 8, 2006 at 9:32 AM Post #9 of 15
I've already given up on this and these days I buy headphone friendly glasses (or frames)
smily_headphones1.gif

Neither Grados or Sennheisers are good enough for me with glasses on, if the frames are rigid and thick enough.

Then again, if I have very thin, flexible and light frames, I can wear almost any headphones without discomfort.

Jan 8, 2006 at 9:39 AM Post #10 of 15
fwiw I'm with kirosia and fureshi - used both my Eggos and Grados with glasses and without and I really don't notice much difference.

Jan 8, 2006 at 11:57 AM Post #11 of 15
Thanks guys. After a lot of looking around and nagging myself I decided to go for the hd485's. I'm liking almost everything about it and I can forgive the color. Better yet, I can get it for about $75 shipped. I guess I'll have to put up with my Sony's a bit longer.

Jan 8, 2006 at 12:06 PM Post #12 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by Reiniku
Thanks guys. After a lot of looking around and nagging myself I decided to go for the hd485's. I'm liking almost everything about it and I can forgive the color. Better yet, I can get it for about $75 shipped. I guess I'll have to put up with my Sony's a bit longer.

I'd shell out $10 more and get the HD 555s.

Jan 8, 2006 at 12:13 PM Post #14 of 15
Brand new, I don't think you're going to find the HD555s for $10 more than those HD485s that he bought.

Jan 10, 2006 at 7:18 AM Post #15 of 15
Well I decided to try the ksc-75's and I'm very happy with them for portable use. They really don't interfere with my glasses allt hat much. Now I'm trying to pick either the hd485's or the sony eggos (d66's) for home (computer) use.

Edit: And just to add... I LOVE how full these things sound... I mean for 20 bucks from circuit city they seem like a steel... though they feel a bit flimsy and flap on my ear when I move a lot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back