Glass head alert!
Jun 19, 2002 at 7:07 PM Post #17 of 43
Quote:

Originally posted by grancasa
I'm heading out tomorrow to get one of these. Thanks!!

BOOOOOOOO!! Bad pun!!

Jun 19, 2002 at 7:08 PM Post #18 of 43
This would make a killer case for a tube amp... Plus you'd have a place to hand your cans as well.

Depending on what you hang on her you could then say your chick has nice cans.

Jun 19, 2002 at 7:35 PM Post #19 of 43
Quote:

I took my Stax's to Pier 1 to "try them on for size"

did you get funny looks?
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 19, 2002 at 9:26 PM Post #20 of 43
...funny looks; they were in a plastic bag and the audition was a private affair between me, my sister and my head, crouched on the floor in a secluded aisle. At check-out time, however, the lady did ask what I was using it for and I told her. She said "I thought so...either that or a hat or wig display piece." She went on to say "sometimes we get things in here and I'm just like 'wha?!?'" Hmmm.

They are being marketed as a headphone display piece (check out the copy on the site)...not only are they, but that is their first and (seemingly) foremost purpose (again, check out that site copy). Could this be a sign that the Head-Fi Nation is rising to prominence? (I mean, who would spend $15 to display a pair of $15 headphones?)

- Sir Mister Matt

Jun 21, 2002 at 3:05 AM Post #21 of 43
Quote:

Originally posted by Nezer
Why am I reminded of that chick from the first Star Trek film?

Actaully, it looks kinda freaky. It would be neat to get a bunch and fit them all with headphones and put them on a shelf with some blacklights.

Maybe put some blue LEDs in the eyes?

I dunno, I'm holding out ofr the Elvis glass heads.

Ahhhhh.........

Persis Khambatta

Jun 21, 2002 at 4:26 AM Post #22 of 43
OK, thanks Matt, I'm off to my friendly neighborhood Pier 1. My wife loves to go there anyway; won't she be surprised
evil_smiley.gif
evil_smiley.gif
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 21, 2002 at 6:07 AM Post #23 of 43
don't worry Senns, by tomorrow you will have your own head to sleep on, no longer will you hang from my makeshift empty cd spindle "headphone holder" taped to the desk.
biggrin.gif

Jun 27, 2002 at 8:19 PM Post #27 of 43
Got my glass head for my R10s. Felt silly checking them all for "wobbly-ness", but it's essential-- good tip Matt. Some of them aren't all that stable. The clerk looked at me funny when that was the first thing I headed (he he) straight for and brought straight up to the reg. I mean how many people come off the steet just for a glass head?

Anyway, what possible purpose does this thing serve if not for freaks like us? It is sorta weird....

markl

Jun 28, 2002 at 3:11 AM Post #28 of 43
...was the scene in California's Mojave Desert five years ago - our historic first view of the Newcomers' ship. Theirs was a slave truck, carrying a quarter million safely-packaged beings bred to adapt and silently labour in any environment. But they'd been manufactured in Spain of recycled materials, with no way to get back to where they came from (save being smashed to bits, mailed to their home on the Iberian Peninsula and put back in a Spanish glass recycle bin). And in the last five years, the Newcomers have become the latest addition to the population of America...

"Strangers in a strange land, the glass-headed 'Newcomers' of Glass Head Nation try to assimilate into the world of the future. Facing the petty prejudices and intolerance experienced by any group of immigrants, the Newcomers struggle to carve out a niche for themselves in this, their new home."

Food for thought: no hair or outer ears, extreme feats of strength, extremely different in method of reproduction, reviled by "purists" who demand only official methods of headphone display labor be employed or none at all...the list goes on...

- Sir Mister Matt

Jun 28, 2002 at 3:17 AM Post #29 of 43
Ummm... I'll have some of what he's having....

markl
Glass-head/owner/enslaver/R10stower/Headphone_applyer/glass_head_user...

markl

Jun 28, 2002 at 2:47 PM Post #30 of 43
i think we should have a moment of silence for the nation of glass people who were brutally slaughtered and decapitated by the tyrant army of pier one. maybe their legacy live on as we all purchase trophies of pier one's victory.

my ex-girlfriend had one of these over two years ago, but i was never into headphones then. i definitely want one.. my only problem is i'll need four for home and one for work. me and joelongwood's pier one are going to be out of stock for a month.
evil_smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back