Gizoogle.com
Jan 17, 2007 at 4:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

niftymatt

100+ Head-Fier
Go to gizoogle.com and you can type in a URL and it will translate it into ebonics. Try translating a sophisticated page and this page to have a good laugh.

Jan 17, 2007 at 9:57 PM Post #2 of 7
Heezee-fi is tha meet'n place fo` heezeephone hi-fi enthusiasts.

Jan 18, 2007 at 4:12 AM Post #3 of 7
lol, here is the original text from my school's webpage.

"Our size really lends itself to making every student here important and unique."
—Faculty Member

Maxine Clark, founder, chief executive bear and chairman of Build-A-Bear Workshop, Inc. will speak at the annual Father-Student Dinner on January 29, 2007. The event will be held at the Marriott West and will begin at 6:30 p.m. Families will receive invitations during the Winter Break with an RSVP deadline of January 22. Students are encouraged to invite a relative, special friend, or faculty member if their father is unable to attend. Full story

Here is the "translated version"

"Our size really lends itself ta mak'n every student here important n unique."
—Faculty Motherf**ka

Maxine Clark, rappa chief executive bizzle n chairman of Build-A-Bear Workshop, Inc like a tru playa'. wizzle speak at tha annual Pimp Playa on January 29, 2007. The event wizzle be held at tha Marriott Wizzle n wizzy begin at 6:30 p.m. Families will receive invitations ballin' tha Winta Break wit an Rizzle deadline of January 22 and my money on my mind. Students is encouraged ta invite a relatizzles special friend, or faculty memba if they fatha is unable ta attend. Fizzle story

Jan 18, 2007 at 4:23 AM Post #4 of 7
It's not really an Ebonics translator. It's just a Snoop Dogg lingo imitator that's been rebranded. Many of the affectations are very Snoop specific. Just clarifying things in case anyone cares. There are a few sites that purport to do "real" ebonics translation, but they're all pretty poor. You need to do sentence structure analysis in order to do realistic translations (see the Wikipedia article) and none of these software programs even make an attempt. Not that I'm commenting on the merit or validity or anything of Ebonics. But if you ever get a chance to take a Linguistics class in university, jump at the chance. It's really interesting, one of the few areas that Science and Engineering minded people can really get into along with more Humanities minded people.

Jan 18, 2007 at 5:28 AM Post #5 of 7
LOL, I have seen this before, I forgot how fun it was!

bible.com

Normal:

Genesis 1
The Beginning

7 So God made the expanse and separated the water under the expanse from the water above it. And it was so. 8 God called the expanse "sky." And there was evening, and there was morning—the second day.

--

Gizoogled:

Genesis 1
The Trippin'

7 So God made tha expanse n separated tha hustla unda tha expanse fizzy tha crazy ass nigga above it gangsta style. And it was so fo' sheezy. 8 God called tha expanse "sky." And there was ridin' n there was doggy stylin' second day where the sun be shinin and I be rhymin'.

Jan 18, 2007 at 10:58 AM Post #6 of 7
From this site's front page:

As some of you may hizzy noticed, we have had intermittent outages throughout tha day , chill yo. This may continue tonight, as we is work'n on systems that affect tha site with the gangsta **** that keeps ya hangin.

Thiznank you fo` yo patience.

Jan 20, 2007 at 3:13 AM Post #7 of 7
lol, man just translated some stuff on head-fi. Here is one random thread.

Been lurking a while and have a couple questions of my own now. I recently broke my pair of CX300's and am in the market for a new pair now. I do like the Senns, but I kind of want to try something different now, but still not too expensive(under $100).

So the short list I've looked at are the er6/er6i, super.fi 3, jbl 220, um1, and vmoda vibe. I will admit I haven't read a lot about the um1. It seems whenever it's mentioned, the um2 comes up and there isn't much else said about the 1. I definitely don't have the funds for the um2 though. From what I've put together it seems like I'm leaning towards the jbl's followed by er6, super.fi 3, and vibe. I'd really like to hear how the um1 stacks up to this list of phones though. I listen to mainly rock/punk and some rap and acoustical mixed in every now and then. I'm not a big basshead but I do like to hear it when it's supposed to be there and that's pushed me away from the er6's based on what I've read about their lack of bass. The vibes have the cleanest look and presentation in my opinion and I really wanted them to be the ones but it sounds like there's not enough isolation going on there and there may be too much chord noise.
These will be mainly used with a Cowon X5l whenever I'm out and in a situation I can listen to music and when I travel.

I'm also in the market for a pair of phones to use when I work out. I'm thinking about the marshmallows especially since they're $9 now, but I've wondered about the Koss KSC75 and if that's comfortable to wear in a workout environment.

I appreciate any insight. Thanks.

and the translated:

Bizzle lurk'n a while n hizzy a couple questions of mah own now n ****. I recently broke mah pair of CX300's n am in tha market fo` a new pair now fo my bling bling. I do like tha Senns, but I kind of wizzle ta try sum-m sum-m different nizzow, but stiznill not too playa $100).

So tha short list I've looked at is tha er6/er6i, supa.fi 3, jbl 220, um1, n vmoda vibe cuz Im tha Double O G. I wizzill admit I haven't read a lot `bout tha um1. It seems wheneva it's mentioned, tha um2 comes up n there isn't mizzle else said `bout tha 1 where the sun be shinin and I be rhymin'. I def don't have tha funds fo` tha um2 though. From whizzay I've put togetha it seems like I'm saggin' towards tha jbl's followed by er6, gangsta 3, n vibe. I'd really like ta hear how tha um1 stacks up ta this list of phones though. I listen ta mainly rock/punk n some rap n acoustical mixed in every now n tizzle. I'm not a big bassheezee but I do like ta hear it whizzen it's supposed ta be there n that's pushed me away from tha er6's based on wizzle I've read `bout they lack of bass cuz I'm fresh out the pen. The vibes have tha cleanest look n presentizzles in mah opinion n I really wanted thizzem ta be tha ones but it sounds like there's not enough isolation going on there n there may be too much chord noise.
These wizzle be mainly used wit a Cowon X5l shot calla I'm out n in a situation I can listen ta music n when I travel cuz its a G thang.

I'm also in tha market fo` a pizzy of phones ta use when I work out . Fo'-fo' desert eagle to your motherf**kin' dome. I'm think'n `bout tha marshmallows especially since they're $9 now, but I've wondered `bout tha Koss KSC75 n if that's comfortable ta wizzle in a workout environment and yo momma.

I appreciate any insight. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back