Giving away 3 gmail invites
Jun 20, 2004 at 3:24 PM Post #17 of 36
Interesting food for thought - did a search on Google (of course!) with the word "gmail" and came up with this link: http://gmail-is-too-creepy.com/

This site provided some interesting reading regarding the new Gmail service.

Jun 20, 2004 at 3:39 PM Post #18 of 36
I personally find all of these "privacy" defenders a bit over-the-top. Those with nothing to hide and who are not breaking the law (MP3 trading, kiddie ****, hacking, Warez, etc.) should have nothing to fear. If someone is concerned that Gmail is going to be the avenue through which their crime syndicate is felled, I would recommend another line of work or a lower-cpacity hotmail account that can barely contain 2 weeks worth of messages before you have to purge it. As for me, I will gladly accept the 1GB they are offering and use it well.
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Jun 20, 2004 at 3:52 PM Post #20 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by cmascatello
I personally find all of these "privacy" defenders a bit over-the-top. Those with nothing to hide and who are not breaking the law (MP3 trading, kiddie ****, hacking, Warez, etc.) should have nothing to fear. If someone is concerned that Gmail is going to be the avenue through which their crime syndicate is felled, I would recommend another line of work or a lower-cpacity hotmail account that can barely contain 2 weeks worth of messages before you have to purge it. As for me, I will gladly accept the 1GB they are offering and use it well.
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

I am with you on this one, in fact I went and bought a few accounts on Ebay for $1.00!
eggosmile.gif
Did a quick search for "gmail" and found tons of people selling them.

The concept of invasion of privacy is something that I find interesting. Whether you have something to hide or not, a lot of people died for us (Americans) to have that right. In the end, if the gov. wants information on you, they will get it. So all of this nonsense about trying to hide is really pointless (IMHO).

Jun 21, 2004 at 9:59 AM Post #21 of 36
ok lets bring what we are going to do with gmail out of this, personally i use it as an "exanding place"....

anyway i have 3 more gmail invites to give out... anyone feeling generous and could gimme a pair of cheapie koss plugs will get one, it costs $40 here :S, but if noone offers, i'll just choose random 3

Jun 21, 2004 at 10:09 AM Post #22 of 36
Well, if you decided to go random, Kenny 12, I would love a G-mail account because I've been working in Thailand and my mother back home in the US has never seen her new grandson. I'd love to have G-mail space to post some movies for her to finally see him! Thanks, dude!

Jun 21, 2004 at 2:58 PM Post #23 of 36
I would really like a gmail account because I'll planning to change my isp and I'm in search of what Hemingway called "A Clean, Well-Lighted Place."

He was talking about place to rest and think, and I'm talking about a just quiet place to read and write email, and Hotmail has become such a noisy, crowded place.

I guess Google provides the some very bright lights.

Jun 21, 2004 at 3:12 PM Post #24 of 36
Hm, random. Fun. Well my reason is that as a girl geek, I have to deal with a lot of idiots males who when I see them in person, think I'm a clueless ditz who probably got lost. A gmail invite thus account might be able to shut them up quickly. Random number generators are fun...I like them.

Jun 21, 2004 at 3:19 PM Post #25 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenny12
ok lets bring what we are going to do with gmail out of this, personally i use it as an "exanding place"....

Thanks for the gmail invite Kenny. I'm using mine to archive a collection of family pics and small movies. So far my experience with gmail has been a pleasurable one!

Jun 21, 2004 at 3:25 PM Post #26 of 36
Jun 21, 2004 at 8:15 PM Post #30 of 36

Users who are viewing this thread

Back