GIVEAWAY: Sennheiser headphones for free
Feb 16, 2004 at 11:57 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 90

gradofan

100+ Head-Fier
Howdy everbody!

A few days ago, somebody gave away perfectly good 'phones, and it inspired me. I'm going to give back to the community a little bit (I'm a starving college student, so I can't give back too much
wink.gif
).

I just bought the phones a few hours ago... turns out the ones I bought are HD-433s... even better!

To anybody who is interested in these 'phones:

1) Explain why you want these 'phones
2) Post your current system specs (please, don't lie.. it's bad karma and you'll go to hell for it, I swear)

Basically, I want to help someone get started on the road to audio bliss. I said I'd give everybody a brand-new pair, but my curiousity won
smily_headphones1.gif
. I tried 'em out, and honestly, they sound pretty good. No, they're not in the same league as the HD-600s, but then again, $250-some v. free ---- you be the judge
wink.gif

BTW, I'm going to check your posts. If you talk about your Sugden Headmaster or that "bargain" you got on the Stax Omega II or Senn Orpheus, you're out
wink.gif
(LOL, I hope nobody with that kind of money would bother trying to get a free pair of low-end Senns.)

I'll pick up shipping. It's not worth the hassle of money orders or paypal for such a small amount.

This offer ends at midnight, EST. When I wake up tomorrow, I'll narrow it down to a few people and either pick, or let you guys pick the winner.

Good luck!

Feb 17, 2004 at 12:41 AM Post #3 of 90
Quote:

Originally posted by chiggachu
YGPM, kind sir!

Feb 17, 2004 at 1:24 AM Post #5 of 90
Senneheiser HD 280 Pro
JMT CHA 47 Amp
M Audio Revolution

I really like the sound of the senneheiser line and would like to expereince the sound of different headphones but being a recent college graduate (BS in biology) i dont' have the funds to spend on audio equipement at the moment. Hope you'll consider me.

Thanks, Gary
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 17, 2004 at 1:41 AM Post #6 of 90
Grado SR-60s
Meta Mint
15GB Ipod
Fortissimo III (bleh)

I'm still pretty new to the whole headphone scene, and have really yet to explore the Sennheiser sound (or any other brand for that matter). I'm one of your typical poor college students (freshman) trying to sustain an audio hobby on a budget. I'd love to get my hands on a pair of Sennheisers. Thanks for reading!

-Rich
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 17, 2004 at 2:10 AM Post #8 of 90
How about a list of finalists a day before you make your descision? :p

That would increase the suspense that we already have..you devil, you.

Edit : woah..first post. Maybe that means something :p

Feb 17, 2004 at 2:18 AM Post #10 of 90
audio-technica ATH-A500
[no amp]
c-media 6.1 crap...built-in...

Anyway, I'd like them because I'm going to get a guitar, eventually, since NO guitar centers ANYWHERE have a new one in box!!...anyway, I need a pair of cheap 'phones to do some quiet practicing with it. I have 2 pairs already, but my D66s are portable-only, and my A500s are audio-only=not with guitar...they don't move
biggrin.gif

I hope you don't hold my post-count against me
tongue.gif

Feb 17, 2004 at 3:19 AM Post #12 of 90
Bless your soul
smily_headphones1.gif
Mebbe once I get a steady cash flow someone else may be so lucky in the not too distant future.

Feb 17, 2004 at 3:35 AM Post #13 of 90
Quote:

Originally posted by Zvio
How about a list of finalists a day before you make your descision? :p

That would increase the suspense that we already have..you devil, you.

Edit : woah..first post. Maybe that means something :p

Oooh, a finalist list and then a poll for all head-fiers to participate!!

Feb 17, 2004 at 3:46 AM Post #14 of 90
OMG, brilliant! I actually should do a poll. (Maybe I'm getting carried away - hold me back
wink.gif
.) That'd be pretty fun, and maybe other people would start giving away goodies too. Hmmmm....

Feb 17, 2004 at 3:54 AM Post #15 of 90
All I've got are my portapros and my SR-80's (which I love). I'm trying to build a C-Moy, but since I really don't need it yet I haven't got around to it. A new pair of phones would place me in the 'hooked for life' field.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back