Giveaway! (Free headphone recable for anyone worldwide!)
Nov 1, 2007 at 1:33 AM Post #316 of 320
I had forgoten about this thread!
blink.gif
Congratulations Kugino.
biggrin.gif

Nov 1, 2007 at 3:31 AM Post #317 of 320
I want a free recable!

lol.

Congrats Kugino!!!

Nov 1, 2007 at 6:17 AM Post #318 of 320
I still want a free recable!

Congratulations, blah, blah, blah
tongue.gif

Nov 8, 2007 at 3:09 AM Post #320 of 320
i just got my k1000 back from alex today...man, is he fast! just wanted to say thanks again to alex for recabling my k1000 for me. i got his last bit of V2 cable and opted for the cotton insulation as well. it looks beautiful and i'm now trying it out.

i first tried it with the yamamoto with a 1/4" pigtail (too lazy to attach to the speaker posts) and it was, well, as i expected. didn't like the yamamoto driving these beasts with the stock cable so there's no change there. but hooked up to the sig30 and...slam! bam! pow! wow, these things are suddenly alive!

i'm without a good DAC at the moment since i'm waiting for an opus to be built so this is straight from my imac. but the tightness and slam of the percussion is crazy! now, in stock form driven by the sig30 there is more than enough detail and punch. but what the V2 seems to bring out is a bit more warmth and punch in the lower bass. me likes!
k1000smile.gif

anyway, i'm smiling as i post this, enthralled by the music and life that emanates from these sonic beasts. not only does it sound good, but alex does a beautiful job, too. perhaps a V3 pigtail is in my future?
wink.gif

k1000-1.jpg

k1000-2.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back