Give me XviD/DivX, or give the Zune HD DEATH!!!!
Aug 15, 2009 at 6:57 PM Post #2 of 9
What do you expect? It is Microsoft after all...
wink.gif

Aug 15, 2009 at 7:14 PM Post #3 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What do you expect? It is Microsoft after all...
wink.gif

Yeah, I know, but I'm willing to try. And, w/the help of Head-Fi, we might get a little love!!!!
wink.gif

Aug 16, 2009 at 12:09 AM Post #4 of 9
The Homebrew community is gonna make this device the best, divx support will be added unoffically if MS doesnt add it.

Aug 16, 2009 at 2:37 AM Post #5 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Azazel90x /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Homebrew community is gonna make this device the best, divx support will be added unoffically if MS doesnt add it.

I wish!!!! It doesn't work that way w/the Zunes I'm afraid - the FW is encrypted. If MS doesn't put it in the official FW, it'll never happen.

Aug 16, 2009 at 9:08 AM Post #8 of 9
1. A lot of people are confused between codec and container. divx/Xvid follows MPEG4 standard. However, most of the videos use the .avi container, which is not supported by many manufactures, including Apple iPods and Sony. You can actually encode using divx/xvid with certain setting (simple profile) using AAC for the audio (instead of MP3) and .mp4 container, and the video will be compatible. So, to put it correctly, it's the support for .avi that you want.
2. H.264 is the standard anyway, more efficient, much higher quality, and more widely supported by the industry.

I rather see support for matroska container myself.

Aug 16, 2009 at 9:16 AM Post #9 of 9
A customizable EQ, glass screen, and non-propietary cables would be better things to ask for. (I don't know if it has the glass screen or not. It better. Ever see that abi scratch test? Jawesome.)

H.264 would be great too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back