Give me a reason to keep my RS-1!
Oct 21, 2009 at 12:58 PM Post #31 of 61
I didn't like the Grado Sig and I know i'll catch hell but I didn't like the Senn HD800 Sig either. Much better for me than the HD650's but still not good enough. If your looking for a different type of signature from Grados, I'd try the Denons and Ultrasones.

Oct 21, 2009 at 9:49 PM Post #35 of 61
Could Sennheiser's arrogance and contempt for their customers, the very people who have made a family-owned company successful, be any more blatant ? I accept that the OP isnt a fan of the Grado sound - no problem - but Grado/AT/Beyerdynamic/Shure/Ultrasone etc all make good headphones in that middle ground between their entry level models and their statement phones. Whether some of the elitists on this forum want to accept it or not, that is where most of us spend our money.

Pick a headphone between the HD238 and the HD600, write down the RRP in your country and ask yourself if Sennheiser's competitors don't make a better headphone for less money. The others just need to get their marketing happening.

Oct 22, 2009 at 12:42 AM Post #36 of 61
I've watched many head-fi'ers discuss tweeking headphones to thier liking but for the most part, Grados Are Grados Are Grados. People like the open airy signature or they don't and other than earpad tweeks not much can change the base Sig. Sell them here in the For Sale Forums. They hold thier value well as Grado it has the strongest price holding policies I've ever seen.

Oct 22, 2009 at 4:46 AM Post #39 of 61
Quote:

Originally Posted by Seamaster /img/forum/go_quote.gif
my RS1 will be for sale next week. Watch out Grado Fans!

I do like all kind of music, hard rock, punk, classic rock, jazz, female vocal, pop, classical, string, drum, some R&B but never rap. pertty much everything from slip node to yoyo ma.

I found that my APS V3 cable makes them much better than stock, with better tone and detail and transparency. Combine that with bowls and you get a bigger soundstage and air with them, while still retaining decent bass. Food for thought.

In my case, I think I am selling mine, but not because I don't like them - it's because I bought the HD800 to replace the RS-1 and I use the balanced HD800 a lot more. Heck, I might even sell the K1000 since the HD800 (and my stats) are so good.

Do you see where I am going with this?

Oct 22, 2009 at 4:49 AM Post #40 of 61
Quote:

Originally Posted by boomana /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I recommend JH13s and/or HD800s. BTW, the HD800 and the Woo22 are a nice combo.

x2

The WA22 with my HD800 was very similar to my more expensive ZDT with the HD800.

Oct 22, 2009 at 4:59 AM Post #42 of 61
Quote:

Originally Posted by boomy3555 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sell your K1000's Are you wanting to get tarred, feathered, and ridden out on a rail?. That would be like Skylab selling all of his tube amps

I know. My other option is to buy this SAC KH1000 amp that I am checking out, as it does bring the K1000 closer to how they should sound. One option puts money in my pocket (pay down CC) and the other empties my wallet. Sherwood and I thought maybe we would both jump off the cliff together...

Oct 22, 2009 at 6:55 AM Post #44 of 61
Quote:

Originally Posted by boomy3555 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You could always take it out of Ben's allowance. Make him sell off some of his stuff. Maybe the Zebrawood Hammacher Schlemmer's

He already snagged the Zebrawood off me without paying...
ph34r.gif

Still, for the OP I still recommend the HD800, or like Boomana sez, the JH13Pro.

Oct 22, 2009 at 6:16 PM Post #45 of 61
I see no reason to keep it!
Just part with it and get a "serious" pair of headphones...
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back