Girlfriends
Jul 30, 2002 at 8:54 PM Post #16 of 61
My wife thinks it is all crazy ( I think she includes me in there as well) even though she will listen to the HD-600s and comment on how good they sound. Now that college expenses are over I am finding that there are more $$ to play with. Well, we will have been married for 31 years in August so I guess we found a balance along the way.

I was thinking of buying a cosmic but that has been pushed back since I just spent about $700 on truck parts and a few days in the heat putting it all back together. New parts are so nice though everything slides together and the fasteners can be finger tightened so easily.

Jul 31, 2002 at 3:41 AM Post #17 of 61
I've tried to bring couple of girlfriends that I have had (one at a time, don't get me wrong
rolleyes.gif
) to be involved in what they've thought is crazy. None of them is success. They just sat there, either listened to home audio or headphones, and being
confused.gif
, and asked how much I paid for these
redface.gif
. Then I, as an honest man, told them the truth and then
mad.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif
mad.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif
mad.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif
mad.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif
mad.gif

That's the way it always is.

John

Jul 31, 2002 at 4:06 AM Post #18 of 61
my wife used to make comments that i spent more time with my headphones than with her (not true), that all i talked about was headphones and audio, blah blah blah. then i got her a nice panasonic pcdp and a good pair of headphones (she really needed them too). she hasn't complained about my hobby since.
biggrin.gif

Jul 31, 2002 at 5:52 AM Post #20 of 61
Quote:

Originally posted by millerdog
I don't have a girlfriend right now, so I am spending as much money as I can on audio and my other interests!
This can only last so long...so I am rocking my own world!
Then again, in my opinion: NOTHING is more important than your woman! If mama ain't happy, no one is happy.
grain of salt,
md

If you don't have a girlfriend than why are you posting
rolleyes.gif

Jul 31, 2002 at 11:20 AM Post #21 of 61
My better half bought a Cyrus 7Qdac cd player and a Sony NS 900V SACD DVD player[for the DVD bit] the other day.
Also uses Senn Hd 25 phones for her portable.

She still thinks the audiophile thing is nuts at it's extremes....
But then it is isn't it?

But I love the madness.

Setmenu
biggrin.gif

Jul 31, 2002 at 8:11 PM Post #23 of 61
Almost every married woman has an engagement ring--most married men do not have an Orpheus.

This is why these justifications don't work.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 31, 2002 at 11:31 PM Post #25 of 61
I got her a KSC-50 for her minidisc. Even she can tell the difference. She can't understand my fetish for 'big' phones though.

Jul 22, 2010 at 3:37 AM Post #27 of 61
After viewing all these posts, and out of curiosity, I wonder how many girl(s) are in head-fi??? Ah, and just from my personal experiences, but the percentage of appreciating my gears were higher among the females

Jul 22, 2010 at 6:19 AM Post #28 of 61
Well mine simply doesn't understand why so many headphones... But she just wants attention. If I give her the attention she wants, I can get anything I want.

Lucky me!

Jul 22, 2010 at 6:44 AM Post #29 of 61
lol...8 year necropost.
I actually like it when threads resurface from death, so long as they're good threads. :wink:

Jul 22, 2010 at 7:12 AM Post #30 of 61
Lol, I was searching about something and that came up, so here we go again!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back