Girlfriend's turkey dinner
Oct 11, 2004 at 4:08 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

TrevorNetwork

TrevorNetwork - Canadian Group Buy Coordinator
Wow!

I just finished my turkey dinner, and I cannot believe how good it was. It was the best turkey dinner I've ever had. Amazing stuffing, baby carrots, mashed potatoes, white wine. I wish you guys could have all been over. This is the first thanksgiving dinner I've ever had away from home, and I was quite worried. I know my girlfriend can cook, but wow this was so good. Sorry to rant and rave here, but I needed to say this. To all you Americans having Thanksgiving dinner next month. Hope yours is great as well! To the Canadians, HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers!

Trevor

Oct 11, 2004 at 4:17 AM Post #2 of 20
Ah right, the Canadian Thanksgiving!! One of my coworkers was headed to Toronto this weekend for the same.
biggrin.gif

Tonight was my mom's birthday, and we had dinner at her house. My mom is one of those cooks who's...well, there's just no way to say this politely, she's not so good. She was on her game today, though...a slow-cooked roast, carrots, au gratin potatoes....damn, that was good!!

Must be karma....
biggrin.gif

Oct 11, 2004 at 2:04 PM Post #6 of 20
I will never forget nor will my wife our first Thanksgiving after getting married. My parents came to our apartment and she made a really nice dinner. Turkey and everything that goes with it. It started downhill when my mother found the bag of giblets unopened in the body cavity. The next day she called and reported that both her and my dad had food poisoning. Strange that neither my wife or I had any symptoms. Till the day she died my mother believed that my wife poisoned her. She would not even consider that it probably was something she made as only her and my dad got sick.

Glad you had a great day.

Oct 11, 2004 at 4:50 PM Post #7 of 20
When I first read the initial post I was also consfused as to why TrevorNetwork was celebrating Thanksgiving a month early
confused.gif
, then when he mention the Canadian Thanksgiving it made sense. In any case, after reading his post I just can't wait till Thanksgiving comes around.

Oct 11, 2004 at 5:38 PM Post #8 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by john_jcb
It started downhill when my mother found the bag of giblets unopened in the body cavity.

LOL...as I'm reading this the smell of what I put in the «body cavitity» is getting stronger....(1/10 bacon+ 1/10 mushrooms+ 8/10 of Grissol stuffing farce).... cant wait. After one meal (for two) I dont know what I will do the rest of this monster....
biggrin.gif

Amicalement

Oct 11, 2004 at 6:33 PM Post #10 of 20
Trevor you horrible person... You're making me very hungry. It's 2.30 am here in Perth, I'm taking a short break from studying and now I feel like having a Turkey feast. Honey baked ham would be good too... Mmmm...
biggrin.gif

Oct 11, 2004 at 9:12 PM Post #11 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by john_jcb
I will never forget nor will my wife our first Thanksgiving after getting married. My parents came to our apartment and she made a really nice dinner. Turkey and everything that goes with it. It started downhill when my mother found the bag of giblets unopened in the body cavity. The next day she called and reported that both her and my dad had food poisoning. Strange that neither my wife or I had any symptoms. Till the day she died my mother believed that my wife poisoned her. She would not even consider that it probably was something she made as only her and my dad got sick.

Glad you had a great day.

OMG, that's horrible!
eek.gif
I'm going to be paranoid from now on when preparing Turkey. We finally have an oven large enough to make turkey. But at least oue condo is too tiny to host alot of people, so we are probably travelling this Thanksgiving.

-Ed

Oct 11, 2004 at 10:02 PM Post #12 of 20
Trevor, turkey dinner aside, I always thought you were that friendly looking black guy in your avatar........... turns out you are a white dude who get's excited when someone presents you with a plate of cooked turkey......... who was / is that dude in your avatar (the Black man) I really can't believe you're a turkey gobbling white person
eek.gif

Oct 12, 2004 at 12:00 AM Post #13 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by PinkFloyd
Trevor, turkey dinner aside, I always thought you were that friendly looking black guy in your avatar........... turns out you are a white dude who get's excited when someone presents you with a plate of cooked turkey......... who was / is that dude in your avatar (the Black man) I really can't believe you're a turkey gobbling white person
eek.gif

lol
trevor is going to be the most mis-interpreted head-fier of head-fi

Oct 12, 2004 at 12:29 AM Post #14 of 20
Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays.
I usually get to cook the turkey.
biggrin.gif

I always wanted to try deep fried turkey but I don't have the cojones to get
a deep firer that big.
tongue.gif

We should start a favorite turkey recipe thread.

Oct 12, 2004 at 5:23 AM Post #15 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by boodi
lol
trevor is going to be the most mis-interpreted head-fier of head-fi

LOL
That's a tall order.
There may well however be a custom title in this somewhere...
tongue.gif

CPW

Users who are viewing this thread

Back