Girl Talk
Jul 28, 2008 at 6:42 PM Post #32 of 42
Just listened to Secret Diaries. What a dissapointment after loving Night Ripper. This guy has come a long way in skills between these two albums. I'll have to check out the new one.

Jul 31, 2008 at 5:53 PM Post #34 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by jamess71 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just listened to Secret Diaries. What a dissapointment after loving Night Ripper. This guy has come a long way in skills between these two albums. I'll have to check out the new one.

After hearing a Secret Diaries song again on my iMod it sounds like it's not right? Almost like itunes screwed it up when converting to alac. I'll have to listen to the cd at home tonight. I hope that is the case. Does anyone else have Secret Diaries?

Dec 12, 2008 at 11:57 PM Post #36 of 42
Came very late to this thread, but thanks for the link.
beerchug.gif

Dec 14, 2008 at 12:46 AM Post #40 of 42
I'm having a problem. I'm trying to put this song onto my Clip, but the ID3 tagging won't work, and it comes up as Unknown artist and album. I'm tagging them using iTunes, which I use with all my music. Using my Mac, when I go "Get Info" in finder on songs, I get all the ID3 tagging info. When I do the same with Feed The Animals, nothing appears. This is probably why my Clip can't figure out the ID3 tagging, but how can I fix this?

Also, just noticed, that it deletes the ID3 tagging as I drag it into the Clip, it is there in my source folder, but not in the Music folder of the Clip.

Nevermind, by simply doing it two more times, it fixed itself.

Feb 27, 2009 at 2:22 AM Post #41 of 42
I've been really enjoying this CD and thought about starting a thread - did a search, and found this thread.

A couple titbits worth adding I think:

1. The CD is out now for those that are interested in that instead of the name your own price MP3's or FLAC downloads. Go to the link in the OP - it's been updated by the label.

2. There's a very interesting Wiki on this release Feed the Animals - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia that gives sample-by-sample listings for every track with approx. start times for each sample. Since the CD is a little like 'Where's Waldo' recognizing familiar samples, it's occasionally fun to 'check your answers' so to speak.

3. If you really like Feed the Animals, his Night Ripper release is similar, and there's a Wiki for that too. No name your own price downloads for that though...

4. If you like this highly sample based style, you might want to try two more artists that have adopted the name your own price model - go to the link in the OP.

The Bran Flakes are one of my favorites - very playful and fun. Not the Dirty South rap samples... Give it a try. The price is right.

Steinski is also well worth checking out. He's been in the sample based genre a long time and is good at it. Like I said, the price is right to check it out for yourself.

If you do check them out, let me know what you think.

Dec 21, 2013 at 5:01 AM Post #42 of 42
Wasn't a great fan of "Secret Diary" but loved "Feed the Animal" and "All Day" is better still... Really like the fact that you can get the hi res versions and the price is remarkable for hi res happy to pay more than the minimum...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back