Girl Talk = Pixies + 50 Cent + MIA + The Beatles + Nelly + Elton John + ...
Sep 6, 2006 at 12:07 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

sonick

500+ Head-Fier
Has anybody checked out the album Night Ripper by Girl Talk? It's quite amazing. He takes dozens upon dozens of songs, rips them apart and resamples them into entirely different (but decent sounding) dance songs.

Anybody who is into dance mashups or the like, definitely check this out. I'll probably get sick of it in a few weeks, but for now, it is awesome.

Sounds great on my AKG K81DJ's too
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 6, 2006 at 1:31 AM Post #2 of 4
Yeah, it's good, but gets kinda boring after too many listens. Mainly because the parts of the album that are purely brilliant (i.e.: Paul Wall over The OC Theme, Three Six Mafia over Smashing Pumpkins' "1979," "Kryptonite" over "Best of My Love," etc.) don't last long enough before switching to something else. Yet it switches things up enough so that it never really stays too boring for long, I guess.

I still prefer 2 Many DJ's.

Sep 6, 2006 at 10:16 PM Post #3 of 4
When I first heard about this I thought it was an amazing idea. And my initial reaction to some of the thirty second samples I heard was along the same line of thinking. But then I listened to them some more and decided to wait it out and see if I still wanted it a week later.

Now I still want to hear the whole thing at least once, but can't afford to buy a whole CD just to do that.

I also read some live reviews and the guy sounds really cool. He's not coming to Cleveland, unfortunately, but check out the tour schedule.

Sep 7, 2006 at 7:11 PM Post #4 of 4
I agree with the one 2 posts above. Its great, but it gets real old, real fast.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back