Girl sees/handles an LP for the first time.
Jan 25, 2012 at 11:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

J.Pocalypse

1000+ Head-Fier
Found this on geekologie.com and figured I'd share.

I guess it's just a sign of the times. 

Jan 26, 2012 at 12:21 AM Post #2 of 6
Quote:
I guess it's just a sign of the times. 

Not really. $20 says it was scripted (I haven't heard worse dialogue since "The Room"). There's even a follow-up reaction video to people saying it's scripted.

And if it's not scripted, she's mentally handicapped and you should feel bad.

Jan 29, 2012 at 2:41 AM Post #5 of 6
So scripted. I liked the second video much better :)

Jan 29, 2012 at 3:01 AM Post #6 of 6
Indeed to the fact that it's scripted. However, this is not far off. I remember in middle school my teacher was talking about vinyl, records, LPs or whatever term he used, and one student asked what it was and was given a vague explanation that it is "like a giant CD". Even then, I wanted to punch this person for being so ignorant; and saying that it was a "giant CD" irritated me as well. I didn't even know the difference between digital and analog then, but my grandma's record player that I used all the time led me to believe that a record is nothing like a CD. It was an automatic turntable too. You would put the record on the center peg (not sure if there's a more technical term) and put an arm that would level it down, then flip the start switch and the cartridge and arm would move to the starting point according to whichever size/RPM the record was. I was, and still am, amazed by that technology.

Even so, most people think records are a thing of the past, but vinyl is still used today because it's a pure analog source of pure sine waves.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back