Gilmore questions
Feb 22, 2003 at 3:20 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

DrTacoElf

100+ Head-Fier
What are the dimensions of the antess v1 and v2, and also the weight of each unit in pounds?

Thanks
smily_headphones1.gif

v1: 8" wide x 9" deep x 2" high

Feb 22, 2003 at 4:26 PM Post #2 of 13
V.2 - 8x8x1.75"

I don't think Justin has given a weight yet.

Feb 22, 2003 at 6:35 PM Post #3 of 13
If you're watching your weight, you might want to consider the upcoming Gilmore Lite, sounds great, less filling...
tongue.gif

Feb 22, 2003 at 8:53 PM Post #4 of 13
Quote:

Originally posted by HighwayStar
If you're watching your weight, you might want to consider the upcoming Gilmore Lite, sounds great, less filling...
tongue.gif

lol, i just dont' want something thats like feather light and will be dragged around if i tug on the headphone cord some.
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 23, 2003 at 2:28 AM Post #5 of 13
The v1 is pretty light I put vpi bricks on top of the 2 cases as I use long extension cables for my headphones .If you tug on the cord you can pull it off the shelf. I don't know about the v2 .I suspect this would be less of a problem with the v2 as everything is in one case.

Feb 23, 2003 at 4:08 AM Post #8 of 13
Antness,

Any comments on whether this new V2 sounds better, worse, and the same as the old one? I've heard a lot about the amp, but I don't remember reading that it sounds better than the old design. Any chance of getting your thoughts on this new model?

Thanks!!

Feb 23, 2003 at 7:21 AM Post #9 of 13
ServinginEcuador,

The V2 only sounds better than the last design. I believe much of this is due to the power supply being enclosed in the same box as the amplifier, and not connected with a long, thin interconnect.

Feb 23, 2003 at 7:48 AM Post #10 of 13
Hmmm... hey Antness, do you think that there is any "upgrade" for making that long thin interconnect well... shorter and thicker? Will this net me closer to the V2? I'm 150% happy with the KG Dynamic, but wondering if a small upgrade is out there for us V1ers.

Feb 23, 2003 at 8:29 AM Post #11 of 13
Quote:

Originally posted by antness
ServinginEcuador,

The V2 only sounds better than the last design. I believe much of this is due to the power supply being enclosed in the same box as the amplifier, and not connected with a long, thin interconnect.

Thanks Antness. I was curious about how it sounded as it seemed that some of the internals were also changed. Now I know. I'm also curious what the new Gilmore Premier Headphone Amplifier will be and sound like. It seems that I have about 18 months before I return to the states, so I'll watch what's going on with the antness KG amps around the time I return.

Feb 23, 2003 at 10:55 AM Post #12 of 13
From Mr. Gilmore's Website, I found that the this is an amplifier with an output impedance less than .1 ohm.
Is that mean this amplifier will be able to drive something like AKG K1000? Also Grados and HD600?

Feb 23, 2003 at 4:59 PM Post #13 of 13
Hey antness, when you read this, would you mind contacting me regarding my pre-order? Email or PM is fine. I've emailed you a few times, but I'm not sure if you're getting them. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back