Gilmore Lite wait time?
Feb 6, 2007 at 12:13 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 27

makasin

100+ Head-Fier
Hey all!
I was wondering how long it usually takes to receive a Gilmore Lite (non DPS) from headamp?
I have been waiting for 3 weeks with nothing so far. No confirmation, no receipts, I emailed headamp and I have yet to get any reply. Do they usually have such terrible customer service?

Feb 6, 2007 at 12:30 AM Post #2 of 27
Whoa... thanks for letting us all know!

Future buyers will be wise to "take extra care" when buying from this vendor. There's a history of other small vendors "having difficulty" in their delivery and communications - so... "caveat emptor."

I was giving some thought to trying the GLite + DPS... but... I will be sure to take care.

Hopefully... you paid by credit card and can reverse the transaction.

But... you may want to just give them a call to find out why they didn't confirm your order and provide you a delivery schedule.

Feb 6, 2007 at 1:24 AM Post #5 of 27
Mine took a few weeks.

How long ago did you email him? Justin is usually very good at communicating, so I would think that if there is an unusual delay he'd let you know. When I ordered mine, the volume knobs were on back order, so it took a bit longer than it should have. Justin was cool about it, and let me know the reason for the delay.

I know that the waiting is hard, but is can happen in this hobby. Relax. Headamp has a pretty darn good reputation around these parts and I'm sure you'll get your amp.

Feb 6, 2007 at 1:27 AM Post #6 of 27
I emailed him about a week ago with no response. I got charged but I did not get any estimate on build time/ship date

Feb 6, 2007 at 6:06 AM Post #9 of 27
I think production back-logs are accceptable, but ignoring a purchaser's emails is not appropriate. He should tell you when he expects to ship, keep you informed, and tell you when he has shipped your amp. I would call him directly, and I would be polite. But, no, you should be informed about what to expect. Otherwise, if you have used a credit card, then you may wish to consider cancelling your order. Personally, I want to feel good about my purchases, and that includes feeling good about who I give my money to. There are many, many great headphone amplifier manufacturers.

Feb 6, 2007 at 2:50 PM Post #12 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gradofan2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Whoa... thanks for letting us all know!

Future buyers will be wise to "take extra care" when buying from this vendor. There's a history of other small vendors "having difficulty" in their delivery and communications - so... "caveat emptor."

I was giving some thought to trying the GLite + DPS... but... I will be sure to take care.

Hopefully... you paid by credit card and can reverse the transaction.

But... you may want to just give them a call to find out why they didn't confirm your order and provide you a delivery schedule.

I ordered a DPS from Headamp this past fall. Like you're experiencing, I recieved a notification of purchase but no contact from Justin. Only after several email attempts did I finally get a response. He was waiting on parts and should get them soon. Time went by and heard nothing more. Finally, after 3 months of waiting, I received my DPS.

But to Justin's credit, he included a FREE G-lite along with the DPS i ordered. Not sure if that was accidental or as a means of 'good business practice'. Either way, all is well as my bedroom setup is now enjoying the extra g-lite.
icon10.gif

So, hang in there. I suggest emailing again. Good luck. You shouldn't be dissappointed in your purchase. The glite is an excellent amp with great build quality.

Feb 6, 2007 at 5:45 PM Post #13 of 27
I paid for my gs1 just over 4 weeks ago. I didnt receive any emails from him to confirm after 2 weeks so I sent a total of 3 emails to ask if he had got my payment and got a response. I still havent received my amp
frown.gif
but he has a good reputation for coming through with the goods so will give it untill the end of this week (5 weeks) before I email him again.

I really hope it comes soon............. so I can smell my amp like people do in the movies with a fine cigar
280smile.gif

Team running out of patience

Feb 6, 2007 at 8:49 PM Post #14 of 27
I sense a lot of negative energy in this thread.
tongue.gif

Don't worry about the lack of response folks, HeadAmp has historically had a good reputation on both product quality and delivery. It's essentially a one-man business and Justin continually has a lot on his plate, especially now, with the imminent new product
smily_headphones1.gif
and the limited-edition amps (Aristaeus, GL LE).

So hang in there. Justin also hangs out here under the alias "justin w." if you want to PM him but I wouldn't suggest pestering him just for the sake of convenience, give the guy some space!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back