Gilmore lite loop out question
Apr 7, 2006 at 2:36 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

happyangryhappy

100+ Head-Fier
If I was to run a long (20-30') rca cable out of the loop outs on my Gilmore lite to my home stereo in another room, would this change and/or degrade the headphone sound any?
Thanks

Apr 7, 2006 at 3:53 AM Post #2 of 3
Quote:

Originally Posted by happyangryhappy
If I was to run a long (20-30') rca cable out of the loop outs on my Gilmore lite to my home stereo in another room, would this change and/or degrade the headphone sound any?
Thanks

The loop out is a passive connection that sends the source signal directly from the source to the 2ND receiving component. The loop out doesnt pass through any of the headamps active circuitry and wont effect the headamp.

But the long cable run may be hard for the source to drive and degrade the signal that way. If your source has a sufficiently low output impedence and adequate current drive, even the long cable run should not be an issue. However, if the home stereo component has a low input impedence and your source has limited current drive the sound could suffer. The loop out parallels the 50k impedence of the Lite with the impedence of your receiving component. If say, for example, the second component also has a 50k input impedence that makes the source see a final 25k ohm impedence. A 25k ohm impedence is low but not that low. But add in the long cable with a current limited source and you may have trouble.

But this is all speculation. It wont hurt to try this combination you describe. Listen to the sound and check for any degradation .... if the sound is still ok you will be fine IMO.

Apr 7, 2006 at 3:58 AM Post #3 of 3
Thanks for your reply. I'll order some rca cables and see if it works. Thanks again.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back