Gilmore Lite + HD580/600/650 owners, please help!
Jan 14, 2005 at 2:05 AM Post #16 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ymer
If I don't like it with the Senns I'll just buy Grados.

Now you're talking! Congrats on making a decision!

Jan 14, 2005 at 3:00 AM Post #17 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ymer
Either a Lite or a V2BE

What's a V2BE?
confused.gif

Jan 14, 2005 at 3:13 AM Post #19 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by sacd lover
V2SE maybe?
blink.gif

I don't know, that's too wide of a gap. I'm guessing he's helping Justin name his products and it stands for a V2 Basic Edition...

Jan 14, 2005 at 3:18 AM Post #21 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by swiego
Can anyone comment on how the Gilmore Lite compares to the SR71 from a SQ perspective?

I think you're probably talking two amplifers of roughly equal quality. The Gilmore will be a bit more upbeat, exciting and neutral while the SR-71 will be a bit smoother and more polished. I think it's a matter of personal taste and priorities which you prefer.

Jan 14, 2005 at 5:47 AM Post #22 of 26
i've diyed gilmore lite for the hd600, and feeling it is a very interesting for sen's headphone, never found fat and slow.

Jan 14, 2005 at 2:31 PM Post #23 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by swiego
Can anyone comment on how the Gilmore Lite compares to the SR71 from a SQ perspective?

My thought too.
At $350 you're very close to an SR-71 (new) and would have the added feature of portabilty.
CPW

Jan 15, 2005 at 2:55 AM Post #24 of 26
I use an HD 590 with my Emu 404 / Gilmore Light and it sounds great. The 650 sounds really good with it too.

I don't find the Gilmore Light to be bright sounding at all. The Lite gives you a lot of bang for the buck, and for now I see no reason to spend more on a computer rig.

Jan 15, 2005 at 3:39 AM Post #25 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by aerius
The more I listen to my Gilmore with my Senn 580's, the less I like it. It's quite detailed and does a lot of things well, but it sounds kinda sterile and doesn't have the warmth I want, and can be a bit bright at times. I prefer both the pimeta & PPA to the Gilmore, with the PPA being better than the pimeta by a surprisingly small margin. Personally I think tubes are the way to go with the Senn 580/6x0 series, I haven't heard a solid state amp that I'm entirely happy with barring the possible exception of the Gilmore Dynahi.

I like my PPA and Pimeta with my Cardas/HD650s, but my (new style) GL+PSU kills them with these cans/cables... mind you, I'm going out from an SO L3 modded Music Hall>GL+PSU>Cardas/HD650s... warmth, musicality, texture, smooth all over, and nice extension in the low end while keepin' it tight (as a drum, natch)... I'd like to hear my HD650s with one of Mikhail's new Singlepower amps and rolled tubes, though... I'm sure that would be * very * sweet...
icon10.gif

Jan 15, 2005 at 3:54 PM Post #26 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by gpalmer
I think you're probably talking two amplifers of roughly equal quality. The Gilmore will be a bit more upbeat, exciting and neutral while the SR-71 will be a bit smoother and more polished. I think it's a matter of personal taste and priorities which you prefer.

how would you compare the supermacro to Gilmore lite considering that it is somwhat "equal" to the SR-71 as many say here?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back