Gilmore Lite Elpac power supply
Jun 24, 2007 at 11:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

DJShadow

1000+ Head-Fier
Is the standard power supply (wall-wart I think you guys call it) a multi-voltage job ala Hornet's charger? Would it be perfectly fine to plug into a UK wall socket (via an adaptor probably) and not blow a fuse or the GL up?

Jun 24, 2007 at 11:12 PM Post #2 of 10
You just tell Justin (Headamp head honcho) that you're in the UK and you want a 220-240V power supply and it's done.
smily_headphones1.gif
It isn't really a WALL-wart with pins though, it's a transformer with a cable going from it to the GL and you have to purchase a power cable of your choice (meaning a UK-type one for you) to plug from the "wall" wart into the wall socket.

Jun 25, 2007 at 9:13 PM Post #6 of 10
The transformer should be in your package along with the GL. If you don't buy a dedicated PSU, the transformer is included in the price. So make sure the guy you buy from include the wart as well.

The cable you should be able to pick up in any decent electronics/hifi store.

Jun 25, 2007 at 10:57 PM Post #7 of 10
Cheers wovenhand, I'd better PM the guy I bought from. I actually bought the GL about 2 weeks ago and its been in international transit for 9 days
plainface.gif
. Damn USPS

How are you enjoying yours? Is it the standard version?

Jul 6, 2007 at 10:58 AM Post #8 of 10
Finally got my hands on the amp.

The plugs on the Elpac power brick are different from the American ones I've seen. It doesn't fit into a bog standard adaptor the right way - I can only get it to fit if I put it in upside. Because of that, I don't think it'll fit something like this: http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?...=31899&doy=6m7 (not even sure if its the correct item to get or otherwise)

The only thing I'm certain on is that plugging straight into the wall socket will probably blow a fuse or damage something more permanent
confused.gif

Jul 6, 2007 at 6:58 PM Post #9 of 10
I enjoy mine, but since I got the WA6 I haven't used the GL much.. not that I don't like it.. just that I wanna get really used to the WA6 before I switch back to see what the differences are. And yeah, it's the standard version (is there even a deluxé one..?)

Umm.. sorry, but I can't help you much with the power stuff.. I don't even know what a "bog" is. =)
Did you buy it from the states? In that case you definetely will need a step-up adapter before you plug anything in.

Jul 6, 2007 at 9:21 PM Post #10 of 10
Oh ''bog standard'' is just a figure of speech probably more commonly heard here in the UK. It just means completely standard with no extras e.g. ''do you have the bog standard GL?'' ''no I've got the one with a dedicated power supply''. Sorry for confusing you.

I'm definitely going to need an adaptor/converter of some kind but the plug on the brick doesn't appear to fit any of the items I've been looking at
frown.gif

I've sent Justin an email. Hope I can get this sorted, been waiting 3 weeks for its arrival and I still haven't listened to it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back