Gilmore Lite compared to MF X-CAN V3 and Perreaux SXH-1
Nov 22, 2004 at 12:22 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

jxb2

100+ Head-Fier
Received my Gilmore Lite a few days ago; much blacker than Musical Fidelity V3. Previously asked -- with no responses -- whether there were lower cost alternate power supplies for the MF V3 -- anyone know if there are and how to get them? I like the V3 (also like the Gilmore very much), and would like to see if V3 noise floor could be lowered to be more comparable to the Gilmore. Until comparing these two amplifiers side-by-side, I don't think I fully appreciated value of super low noise floor.

Perreaux remains the most polite of the three amplifiers. It does nothing wrong and seems to do everything right, but it is boring when used with Senheisser 580, 600, 650 (Cardas cable). Any thoughts on why this might be?

Nov 22, 2004 at 2:17 AM Post #2 of 2
Quote:

Originally Posted by jxb2
Perreaux remains the most polite of the three amplifiers. It does nothing wrong and seems to do everything right, but it is boring when used with Senheisser 580, 600, 650 (Cardas cable). Any thoughts on why this might be?

Well, you said it: It is polite. System matching is everything in this game (some call it illness....
wink.gif
Please try the Perreaux with a Sony XA777ES It is detailed, slightly forward (when the digital filter is not engaged) and very dynamic. I think the combo with rock you! I know because I have the combination right now. They kind of compliment each other's sonic signatures to give you a very good balance.

I have not heard too many headphone amps.... but I certainly like the Perreaux compared to the few I have heard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back