Gilmore Lite and/or SuperMacro for Etys?
Apr 4, 2005 at 7:59 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Jonoh

100+ Head-Fier
Hi,

Has anyone besides Zahn (spelling?) who posted a very detailed and thorough review, have had a chance to compare the Gilmore Lite with the Supermacro for Etys?

I just got my Gilmore Lite on Friday and I must say, it is exactly as advertised which means it is good. I cannot compare it to other amps but it has made a big difference for both my 650/Zu combo and an Etymotic ER6i.

I find that I like my Etys a lot and will be upgrading to ER4P very soon. At that point, I may decide to only keep the Etys and perhaps I would be better off with the SM.

Thanks
etysmile.gif

Apr 4, 2005 at 11:30 PM Post #2 of 9
With those amps, get the Ety 4S.

dshea

Apr 5, 2005 at 11:51 PM Post #3 of 9
Yep, thought about just the 4S but not sure if I will put up with using the ER4 with an amp portable. I may just want to go with the Ipod, hence the ER4P flexibility.

For home use, I would have the P->S adaptor.

Also, the more I get to use the Gilmore Lite, the more I like it.

Apr 6, 2005 at 9:52 AM Post #4 of 9
If you are going to get a SM, get the ety 4Ps and the 4 feature switches, More flexibility.

I can't compare the 2 amps, but I can say the Ety 4Ps are DRAMATICALLY improved with the SM3 with the 4 feature switches. This pair was really made for each other in my opinion.

rob

Apr 6, 2005 at 10:37 AM Post #5 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by robk
If you are going to get a SM, get the ety 4Ps and the 4 feature switches, More flexibility.

I can't compare the 2 amps, but I can say the Ety 4Ps are DRAMATICALLY improved with the SM3 with the 4 feature switches. This pair was really made for each other in my opinion.

rob

I second that.

Apr 6, 2005 at 5:51 PM Post #7 of 9
hmmm...I figured as much given Xin's facination with Etys. The SM V3 was announced literally the day after I ordered my Gilmore Lite.

The Gilmore Lite has done great things for my Senn 650/Zu and even my Ety ER6is. I was not expecting much from the Etys as they are fine unamped but with the amp, bass becomes more pronounced, more air and spaciousness throughout...I would not want to go unamped again unless it was portable.

Gosh, I was happy with the bass before, well articulated if not slamming which suits me fine. Now with the GL, still well articulated but more impactful, more complete, more punch, more enjoyable.

The GL is also dead silent between notes. Others have said this and it is true. It's a great amp for the price...but as I probably going to sell off the Senns in favor of the ER4P, I am going to want the flexibility of the SM.

Apr 8, 2005 at 1:13 AM Post #9 of 9
I haven't heard the SM so I cannot comment on it, but the Gilmore Lite is a great combo with the Etys. I've used it a lot with both my 4p and the p to s convertor and it's been excellent with both.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back