Gillette Unleashes 5 (FIVE!) Blade Razor!!!!!
Sep 17, 2005 at 3:53 PM Post #31 of 79
Quote:

well if they don't bring out something new every half year what else would they be selling to you?

They haven't marketed a cryogenically frozen blade....yet.

Sep 17, 2005 at 3:54 PM Post #32 of 79
Moore's law of razors?
icon10.gif

Sep 17, 2005 at 4:04 PM Post #33 of 79
Quote:

Originally Posted by Born2bwire
Heh I remember the sketch about the 15 bladed razor. My favorite part was when the 12th blade came in, didn't cut, but acted as a stabilizer.

On Saturday Night live...after the 5th blade shaved you, it cut your skin and went down to the bone, so you would never have to shave again.

What about waxing your face...it would hurt, but it should last a couple of weeks?
eek.gif

Sep 17, 2005 at 4:47 PM Post #35 of 79
Shaving- what a joke. My face should be flat like a sheet of plywood by now after all the cuts and bleeding.

Now with a straight razor I’d of just killed myself years ago trying to use one so there’d be no more suffering. I don’t know about you guys but a straight razor is just plain scary looking to me.

Mitch

Sep 17, 2005 at 5:39 PM Post #37 of 79
Quote:

Originally Posted by Feanor
I think I felt the world become a little more useless now.

LOL, I'm guessing we could have Letterman include this in the next batch of stupid human tricks!
evil_smiley.gif
I love my Mach 3 and I don't need anything more, although that $1 per cartridge does sound really good!
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 17, 2005 at 5:40 PM Post #38 of 79
I'm waiting for someone (probably Xin) to produce a multi-channel razor where you can roll your own blades to suit the whiskers-du-jour.

Remember the old SNL slogan about the fictional Trac 3 trible bladed razor: "Because you'll believe anything"

Sep 17, 2005 at 6:59 PM Post #39 of 79
Even though the Mach 3 (battery powered) turbo blades are more money than the already expensive Mach 2's, they are interchangeable, and I use the Mach 2's.
I only shave every other day, and maybe it's just me, but a blade lasts me 3 months. So even at $8 for 4 blades, changing them every 3 months, only cost me less than a dollar a month, so I am getting my money's worth.

On a side note: I was sent a sample Mach2 with 2 sample blades in the mail (12 years ago), without any actions on my part, I have been using them ever since. I never would have tried them on my own. So that says something for marketing!
My friend who shaves his head and face everyday and has a head that's as smooth as a baby's butt, uses the battery powered one, and that's what convinced me to go that route. It really works quite well.

Sep 17, 2005 at 10:43 PM Post #40 of 79
Quote:

Originally Posted by hugz
i use a sensor excell

it has 2 blades

it ****ing rocks.

i have a mach3 too, but sensor pwns it!

Same here, the excell pwns any other razor I've ever used, electric or not.

/JF

Sep 17, 2005 at 11:37 PM Post #41 of 79
This is silly.

I can't believe Warren Buffet invests in this company.

Sure, they market their products well, but how gimmicky can you get?

I much prefer companies like Philip Morris. There is nothing gimmicky about nicotine or Marlboro's patented flavor.

-Matt

Sep 18, 2005 at 1:25 AM Post #42 of 79
My Mach3 never cuts me. Even the first time I shaved and had no idea what I was doing, I didn't manage to mess up. I did cut my lip accidentally when I slipped sideways next to my mouth and got a single cut that actually bled for an insane amount of time for some reason.

Sep 18, 2005 at 1:55 AM Post #44 of 79
I've used various models of a 2-blade safety razor since I learned to shave in 1982.

I've used 'twin-blade' razors, that like 3- and 4-blade models, have the thin strip blades set one-on-top-of-the-other. Initially, the manufacturers gave a little plastic paddle you could push the the collected whiskers out from between the sandwiched blades with. Then they stopped providing the paddle: I believe they realised that it prolonged the usefulness of the blade.

As I said, I use a safety razor blade like your granddad. Five cost about $3.00 and they're sharp for ages. Shave, take the razor out of the razor, rinse it carefully, and then put it back in. The fact that shaving cream, beard, & etc. don't build up greatly enhances durability.

I save massively on the expense of razors, and use a well-manufactured steel razor instead of paying a mint for craptactular streamlined plastic models that get tossed down the can. I use my savings to buy a better class of shaving lotion.

Clinique cream is the best. Lasts ages with practice too.

Sep 18, 2005 at 2:05 AM Post #45 of 79
This is a nice-looking double-edged razor but it's shamefully expensive.

http://www.menessentials.com/oxid.ph...399b7.25606806

Go on Ebay or check your local junk boutique for something brass or chrome that's even nice an costs about $7.50.

Go buy some of that Clinique shave lotion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back