Gillette Unleashes 5 (FIVE!) Blade Razor!!!!!
Sep 17, 2005 at 1:12 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 79

Alex Altorfer

1000+ Head-Fier
How could this be Gillette's response to the Shick Quattro when the Mach 3 Turbo is already believed to be better? Why should anyone need five blades? Are not three blades enough? What's next? Six blades? Seven?

http://money.cnn.com/2005/09/14/news...e500/gillette/

http://www.finfacts.com/irelandbusin...10003270.shtml

Are you guys gonna try this thing?

Cheers!
580smile.gif

Sep 17, 2005 at 1:55 AM Post #8 of 79
Quote:

Originally Posted by princeclassic
i think it's funny that the onion article from february even mentioned the double aloe strips.

When I first read the thread, I thought someone found this old onion story. Turns out some of their stories are real. Who knew?

Sep 17, 2005 at 1:57 AM Post #10 of 79
How many blades is enough, anyway? I use electric most of the time anyway, but a Mach3 when I need really close, and boy does it get close.

Rick, how can you even suggest that? You need at least 17 blades to get a good shave.
biggrin.gif

Sep 17, 2005 at 2:00 AM Post #11 of 79
So with 5 blades I can shave on Monday and skip the rest of the week, since I'll already have shaved 5 times... brilliant! I think I'll start putting on 5 pairs of socks on Mondays too, then peel one pair off a day. I'll call them ctinco's...

Sep 17, 2005 at 2:02 AM Post #12 of 79
Quote:

Originally Posted by MD1032
Rick, how can you even suggest that? You need at least 17 blades to get a good shave.
biggrin.gif

You're absolutely right. What was I thinking?

Sep 17, 2005 at 2:47 AM Post #13 of 79
I've been a faithful onion reader since about '97 (so I guess you could say I'm a fan) and that article was the first thing that came to mind when I heard about the real 5-bladers on the news the other day.

Lets hope more of the onion comes true.
World's-Fattest-Town-C.article.jpg

Sep 17, 2005 at 2:51 AM Post #14 of 79
Apparently there is a trimmer on the back side of this thing. Now THAT is cool. Of course it had better work well enough. I like the Mach3, I feel it does well, but I believe there is a Gillette conspiracy going on. Every time they release a new blade they actually decrease the quality of their older blades to widen the gap so push sales, then they scale back their signature product blades to the level of their precursor, so that really, all they have done is add blades, not any sharper, no extra loving lubiness. Ah how I hate mega corps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back