Gigabyte ga ep45 ud3p Choppy Audio
Aug 2, 2009 at 12:51 PM Post #17 of 19
Well I have these kind of problems in the past, I can't guarantee my ideas will fix the problem, but they might help:

If it happens in Windows OS which probably means its the drivers for one of the hardware in the computer. Therefore try to find out if a specific or combination of thing is causing it. Try uninstalling every single drivers and slowly install the drivers one by one. Not using the setup.exe, but using Device Manager and install individual components while checking the sound after each install.

Use DPC Latency Checker while playing the music and see when the latency is bad. But this software is not reliable because it shows high latency even if your computer simply busy, but it help a little. DPC Latency Checker

Also go into your bios and disable all extra hardwares controlled by the mobo's chipset, such as onboard ethernet, onboard ide controller, raid. Unplug all your usb devices including usb wifi card. Disable all background running softwares. Don't overclock. See if the problem go away when nothing is plugged or features turned off, then put them back in and see if any of them trigger the problem.

You can also try the driver directly from Realtek, instead of Gigabyte. If all this don't work, lash out in anger and get a hammer and smash your motherboard into pieces.

Aug 2, 2009 at 1:14 PM Post #18 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by terrymx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well I have these kind of problems in the past, I can't guarantee my ideas will fix the problem, but they might help:

If it happens in Windows OS which probably means its the drivers for one of the hardware in the computer. Therefore try to find out if a specific or combination of thing is causing it. Try uninstalling every single drivers and slowly install the drivers one by one. Not using the setup.exe, but using Device Manager and install individual components while checking the sound after each install.

Use DPC Latency Checker while playing the music and see when the latency is bad. But this software is not reliable because it shows high latency even if your computer simply busy, but it help a little. DPC Latency Checker

Also go into your bios and disable all extra hardwares controlled by the mobo's chipset, such as onboard ethernet, onboard ide controller, raid. Unplug all your usb devices including usb wifi card. Disable all background running softwares. Don't overclock. See if the problem go away when nothing is plugged or features turned off, then put them back in and see if any of them trigger the problem.

You can also try the driver directly from Realtek, instead of Gigabyte. If all this don't work, lash out in anger and get a hammer and smash your motherboard into pieces.

thanks for the reply.
is there some kind of report i can print out with the latency tester?
it says
Quote:

Some device drivers on this machine behave bad and will probably cause drop-outs in real-time audio and/or video streams. To isolate the misbehaving driver use Device Manager and disable/re-enable various devices, one at a time. Try network and W-LAN adapters, modems, internal sound devices, USB host controllers, etc.

and it shows: ImageBam - Fast, Free Image Hosting and Photo Sharing

i have a LOT of drivers.
do i really need to uninstall everything or can i just disable things?
also how do i stop the drivers from automatically just reinstalling if i were to uninstall everything

Aug 2, 2009 at 3:31 PM Post #19 of 19
you would find more help on a Gigabyte forum,

check, if there are more than one audio device, try to disable,
If you have a ATI HD graphic card there should be another audio device..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back