Gigabeat T series
Aug 1, 2008 at 7:58 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

dr13zehn

100+ Head-Fier
I've been a little curious about this little Toshiba player for awhile now. It has gotten quite a favorable review at ABI.
I don't really see anyone talking about it over here at Head-Fi though and I was wondering why. Is it just a hidden gem that many overlook or is there something wrong with it (other than memory space, or lack thereof).

Aug 1, 2008 at 10:39 AM Post #2 of 5
Not sure i have a Gigabeat F series 40gig running rockbox and its beautiful. I have only seen 1 or 2 threads on gigabeats in general. Think they are just a gem that no one talks about much

Aug 1, 2008 at 10:51 AM Post #3 of 5
The thing is if you already have a D2 then it doesn't pay to get a Gigabeat T. I could see if you rig was lacking but you have a pretty solid setup at the moment dr13zehn. Save for the AKG's or Grado's IMO. I'm looking to get another ATH-ES7 myself!!!!

Aug 1, 2008 at 12:11 PM Post #4 of 5
I think the low capacity, lack of a custom EQ, MTP only file transfer, and limited feature set have hampered its popularity here. I have one, and it's a great sounding player, the GUI is a little visually dated, but I find it very usable, and though it's not a full-featured player, it does what it's meant to do very well. The only issue I've had is some interface noise, when the menu transition effects are on, so I just turn them off, and other than that it's acted well.

If you can deal with the limitations, it's a very nice product, you get great sound quality, relative to other DAPs. It's the best sounding player I own, being a little warmer than the Sansa Clip, with a wider soundstage. It also has lossless support, albeit WMA Lossless, and it's one of the few players supporting WMA Pro.

Aug 1, 2008 at 2:52 PM Post #5 of 5
Thanks for the replies guys...

Quote:

Originally Posted by nywytboy68 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The thing is if you already have a D2 then it doesn't pay to get a Gigabeat T. I could see if you rig was lacking but you have a pretty solid setup at the moment dr13zehn. Save for the AKG's or Grado's IMO. I'm looking to get another ATH-ES7 myself!!!!

...And thank you for being the voice of reason. You are of course right, I just get buy happy sometimes, heh.
redface.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back