Gift for gf. Overear up to 100$
Oct 21, 2016 at 2:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

HiCZoK

500+ Head-Fier
I myself have koss porta pro but she wants something over ear. preferably closed but not must be.

five finger death punch
metallica
rammstein
overall she is listening to music with electric guitars and vocals. No edm, pop at all.

I was thinking of getting her CAL! which I think is best suited for most things, comfortable and isolates okish.

Other picks that I did not listened to are:
Takstar pro80
Takstar hi2050
Shure 440

She will use it with laptop or phone. only mp3 of whatever quality. She just want to relax around home and don't know much about sound. I think comfort is important and she liked CAL! when I had it years ago.
btw she HATED Brainwavz hm5 when I had it because it was smashing her head :p

Oct 22, 2016 at 4:38 PM Post #2 of 4
The CAL! is a great all-rounder in its price range.  You seem to be aware that it doesn't block outside noise all that well, but that is one of its few weak points.

Shure 440 might be slightly uncomfortable unless you replace the pads.  Some use the 840 pads, or maybe the HM5 pads.

Are the Takstars still available?

Oct 22, 2016 at 5:24 PM Post #3 of 4
I thoguht I wont get answer to this topic and just ordered CAL! moments ago.

I think it will be fine for her. When I had it I really loved it. It was just not bassy enough for me and headband was just too small.

I think she will love it. And I still have spare pair of hm5 original pads if she will feel like CAL! pads are not good enough :)

pro80 is kinda fading from the market here. hi2050 also. Is takstar going bad ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back