Getting verified to purchase from others.
Nov 12, 2023 at 11:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

BeardSplinter

Head-Fier
I'm super new here and I'm trying to understand what I can do to verify myself to purchase an expensive item from other users.

I have been told since I'm new to send PP via F&F but that is a huge risk for me on a 1k+ item. I literally have only ever purchased second hand items locally through offer up so I don't have a history anywhere online really.

Does PayPal not offer the seller protection too as G&S? What other options do I have or what can I do to get in good standing.

Nov 12, 2023 at 11:07 PM Post #2 of 4
Nov 12, 2023 at 11:15 PM Post #3 of 4
Here's the classified FAQs for reference.

https://www.head-fi.org/articles/head-fi-classifieds-faq-and-walkthrough.19757/

Absolutely DO NOT send payment through PayPal F&F. Not only is it against the rules, but I'd consider it a huge red flag that anyone would insist you should do it that way.
Thank you very much for the info, this is all a lot to take in.
The seller has a WTS post here but we were speaking via PM. Gonna advise them of the rules and see if it changes anything. If it is against the rules and they still insist F&F is there a way to report them? I'm always willing to try and resolve issues directly first, but your right it is a red flag. I'm pretty sure G&S offers them protection too!

Nov 13, 2023 at 6:17 AM Post #4 of 4
Thank you very much for the info, this is all a lot to take in.
The seller has a WTS post here but we were speaking via PM. Gonna advise them of the rules and see if it changes anything. If it is against the rules and they still insist F&F is there a way to report them? I'm always willing to try and resolve issues directly first, but your right it is a red flag. I'm pretty sure G&S offers them protection too!

There should be a report button on the classified page, or you could use the general “Contact Us” option on the forum, which should be at the bottom of the page

Users who are viewing this thread

Back