Getting the most of my SZ2000’s - mid-bass “punch” questions
Nov 20, 2015 at 3:38 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Rydell

New Head-Fier
Placing heavy emphasis on the 50-120Hz octave for mid-bass “punch” or “impact”. This is where we would feel the impact in our chests on an audiophiles home theater setup. Clarity, strength, and controlled. Whether this is somehow increasing speaker and driver response or modifying the pads. I know these headphones have the capability of it - they’re built around a quartet of drivers. Two 55mm and two 30mm.

For setting the environment for the movement of air I understand you need audio isolation? I’ve heard of the “MarkL” mod for focusing on tighter bass. Has anyone tried this on their SZ2000’s or does anyone have any input I should consider before attempting this? Should be noted I have the H55X-R pads. 

I’ve also read about creating a tighter air seal in the speaker unit. I haven’t seen any real reliable ideas, does anyone have input or techniques to suggest? I’ve read you should start with a gel for sealing?

Any other input or advice is highly recommended! Many thanks folks.

EDIT: Mods, apologies. I believe this goes in the help suggestions area. Please feel free to move, I don't see a way of doing it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back