Getting the best possible sound from an iDevice...
Oct 20, 2014 at 1:00 PM Post #2 of 8
Use an IEM that doesn't need an amp, and use an app with a good EQ and 1) read up on how to EQ and 2) find response charts for that IEM. If it's an efficient enough IEM its output with an iPhone won't be far off whatever amp and DAC was used when those measurements were taken.

Oct 21, 2014 at 12:21 PM Post #7 of 8
Any tips from experienced eq-ers on frequencies to boost and ones to stay away from? I realize it's subjective but I'm guessing there are some general "rules of thumb"
Cheers!

That depends on what your system's end response (with the headphone's or speaker's in room/cabin response) taken into account, notsome general rule of thumb. What you need to understand first is the Q-factor, that's why I linked one directly to that. NeutronMusicPlayer for example has a very advanced digital processor (which BTW can really eat your battery vs other players, but it's not as bad as the older versions) tht you can set virtually any setting on any parameter but it's easy to mess it up if you don't understand what you're doing.

Oct 21, 2014 at 12:33 PM Post #8 of 8
Yessir! I'm learning as I go.
...and yes, the section on "Q" was very helpful. I was admittedly clueless on most of the subjects the articles addressed. I now understand what "headroom" is... I've misused that term in ignorance countless times.
Having the EQ is like getting new gear or a pile of new music.
Thanks again - much appreciated!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back