Getting soundcard and heard new version of emu 1212m is coming out....
Sep 6, 2006 at 7:36 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Slem

New Head-Fier
Hello all,
finally after reading this forums many threads and just as many warnings (of that im gonna spend lots of money) i finally feel like spending some.

I just ordered a corda headfive (finally a decent amp i feel i can afford) and considered my weak link in producing sound.
Now im running a audigy 2zx -> z5500 -> sennheiser hd595
(does my z5500 improve sound with its headphone output you think?)

After doing some research i thought about getting an emu 1212m so my new setup would be
emu1212m -> corda headfive -> sennheiser 595

I live in norway and prices here for stuff are exorbiantly higher (taxes you can't imagine) than elsewhere. Fortunately i found an emu 1212m on 25% sale for 1500NOK which is $240. Not too much higher than the regular $200 on the net. Happy now.

The reason, which www.procom.no provided, was that they were clearing their 1212m because a newer version would hit the stores by the end of the month.

1.Does anybody know about this?

2.Should i wait for the newer version? (He also said it's gonna be more expensive. Not a dealbreaker unless its way pricier)

3.Should i consider adding a DAC after the 1212m? Or is the soundcard good enough so that i dont need it... or are my headphones not high end enough to warrant the purchase of a DAC.... Input please
smily_headphones1.gif

Thanks.

Sep 7, 2006 at 8:46 PM Post #2 of 7
Sep 9, 2006 at 6:03 PM Post #3 of 7
Researched it and nothing came up, as with you.
Thanks for reply, makes me more sure buying a 1212m card now isnt such a bad idea.

Sep 11, 2006 at 7:49 AM Post #5 of 7
Thanks for link and reply jiiteepee
wink.gif

Do you think the sound quality is improved or what else is done to bring some changes? Any reason to wait for the new 1212M:pCI ?

I do not know why they change the name to 1212M:pCI , the 1212M uses pci to connect to the motherboard.... or am i totally wrong
blink.gif

Sep 11, 2006 at 8:10 AM Post #6 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Slem
Thanks for link and reply jiiteepee
wink.gif

Do you think the sound quality is improved or what else is done to bring some changes? Any reason to wait for the new 1212M:pCI ?

I do not know why they change the name to 1212M:pCI , the 1212M uses pci to connect to the motherboard.... or am i totally wrong
blink.gif

Maybe they're going to launch 1212M as PCIe, CardBus/PCMCIA, USB or/and FireWire someday ...
eggosmile.gif

I suppose those 1212M and 1212M:pCI are technically (DAC/ADC/opamps/etc.) the same card ... but who knows what are in their plans ...
(as it's Creative now
--> how many SB models there are w/ 'bout similiar functionality?
--> do they normally release something true/necessary information touching their products (hw/sw)?
).

jiitee

Sep 11, 2006 at 7:11 PM Post #7 of 7
Thank you for your email. We are in the last stages of production ramp
up and we expect to be shipping the new/updated 1212M PCI in the near
future.

I've heard that this new 1212M would retail for $150.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back