getting NO bass on the e2cs...
Oct 6, 2007 at 2:21 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

quiksliver

100+ Head-Fier
I just got these today and im not very impressed, I'm not a hug bass head but the bass on these is practically non existent....

Oct 6, 2007 at 2:50 AM Post #4 of 14
yes I picked them at futureshop [a cdn best buy] where i work

and the "seal" is the most annoying ****ing thing I've had to deal with in my life. EVAR.

the black tips are so flimsy I've tried for 20 minutes to try and get them wide enough to open but they won't go

the foamy ones just plan out suck and are a pain in the ass to put on and off

the medium clear ones are loose, the large clear ones are HUGE

Oct 6, 2007 at 3:14 AM Post #5 of 14
Well, there's a few mods on the site here that will void your warranty. And I don't know where that one person heard that the e2c is supposed to be bassy. It's exactly the opposite. It LACKS bass.

As far as the seal goes, there's a bunch of mods for that too. Custom IEM's, DIY IEM's, using swimmer's ear plugs, etc. I get a perfect seal with the foamies, myself.

Look around, there's a lot of advice about the e2c on the pages, and good luck!

Oct 6, 2007 at 3:21 AM Post #6 of 14
There is bass, to be sure (sorry, no pun intended), unlike the e3c, where it is non-existent. Still, bass isn't boom boom rumbling bass, it's pretty much the case of quality vs. quantity.

To get proper head-smacking bass you will need to move up (way up) in the IEM world.

Oct 6, 2007 at 4:07 AM Post #7 of 14
yeah..i didn't notice until yesterday when I can comparing the se210s with the se310s that the 210s actually go lower (assuming I trust the box measurements)

i have three IEMs and as far as bass levels its (starting from the lowest)
e3c<<UE 3s<<<<UE 5pros

I'm sure the e500s or triple fi's are even better but if you want bass there's a whole bunch in the under 200 range
5pros, jays, 420s, and probably a few more i'm forgetting

Oct 6, 2007 at 3:35 PM Post #9 of 14
The E2's are actually a little over-bassy, IMHO, so if your experience is that they have none, it's almost certainly because you're not getting a good seal.
Did you roll up the foam ones like earplugs before putting them in your ears? I'm not trying to insult you here, but maybe you've never had to use earplugs before and nobody ever told you, so I could see how that might kinda ruin the whole foam tip experience. I [and both of my friends who also own them] find that the large foam tips are by far the easiest to get a good seal from, so give them another day in court and I think you might be pleasantly surprised when you get them to work right.

Oct 6, 2007 at 5:51 PM Post #11 of 14
I found tht the e2c has very little bass when compared to the SF5pro or Triple.Fi, or even the cheap Apple In-Ear phones. And I certainly know how to get a good seal.
tongue.gif

Oct 6, 2007 at 6:56 PM Post #14 of 14
It seems that if you want good bass out of IEMs you need to spend $$$. I love the low-end that my EP630 put out which is why I use them portably most of the time. Even with a proper seal the e2c are not bass monsters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back