Getting my First ATH-M50RD Headphones soon ^_^
Sep 1, 2013 at 6:53 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 21

Bradsnake412

100+ Head-Fier
Hey everyone just thought i would post i'm Getting my First ATH-M50RD Headphones soon ^_^ as in Australia there is a deal with coca-cola to get points and i had enough points to get em so basically Free haha just want to know would the Fiio E5 be a good amp or could you's suggest a better one thanks heaps.

Sep 1, 2013 at 7:22 AM Post #3 of 21
Hello!

If you are currently using any iDevice, the E5 won't make much differences. In addition, the ATH-M50 does not at all requires an amp to shine

Hope it helps!
Billson :)

Sep 1, 2013 at 7:42 AM Post #5 of 21
Quote:
Ah, you mean a red Audio Technica M50? How many points did that cost you, just out of curiosity? Also, what are you playing the headphones off?

it cost about 2250 ^_^
Quote:
Hello!

If you are currently using any iDevice, the E5 won't make much differences. In addition, the ATH-M50 does not at all requires an amp to shine

Hope it helps!
Billson
smily_headphones1.gif

well i will be using my acer laptop and psp
Quote:
They look very nice. What's the promotion, I wasn't aware?

Its cokerewards ^_^

Sep 1, 2013 at 8:08 AM Post #6 of 21
it cost about 2250 ^_^
well i will be using my acer laptop and psp

Its cokerewards ^_^

Neither will benefit with the FiiO E5 in my opinion. Pairing it with the PSP will result in double amping -> distortions. As for Acer laptop, I suggest you to look into something with DAC and Amp to make the upgrade more noticeable

Sep 2, 2013 at 4:48 AM Post #10 of 21
Quote:
Had a look on their site and the M50 isn't listed as a reward. How much does 2250 equivilate to in terms of coke? And yeah, you won't need amping, perfectly fine to run them off most any device.

I think over like a year its 50 to 100 and thanks for the help.
also sorry there no longer on there hopefully they restock.

Sep 2, 2013 at 5:43 AM Post #11 of 21
I have the ath-m50's. They sound great connected direct to Lenovo laptops, desktops, iPhone 4S, iPod Touch current generation, Nexus 7 first generation, iPad mini. I'm waiting for the iPhone 6 (next year) before getting a DAC/amp. Seems it takes about $600.00 to get a decent one that the Apple devices can use the external DAC. I'll wait till next version for those dollars, hoping they get better and cheaper.

Sep 2, 2013 at 6:25 AM Post #12 of 21
I have the ath-m50's. They sound great connected direct to Lenovo laptops, desktops, iPhone 4S, iPod Touch current generation, Nexus 7 first generation, iPad mini. I'm waiting for the iPhone 6 (next year) before getting a DAC/amp. Seems it takes about $600.00 to get a decent one that the Apple devices can use the external DAC. I'll wait till next version for those dollars, hoping they get better and cheaper.

If you are fine with the iPad Mini as your sources it is always cheaper to bypass the internal DAC of iPad than iPhone/iPod. Get a camera kit with the USB jack, with some DAC it will work!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back