Getting Motivated - Headphones for Weight Loss
Oct 7, 2013 at 8:32 AM Post #16 of 36
You guys should try to do jumping jacks, really easy way to get rid of the fat. I used to set a timer for 3 minutes and do jumping jacks until the time finishes. Also, if you can find any flax seeds in your supermarket, I highly recommend you try them. Gives you a metabolism boost and helps you burn faster.

Hope I helped, good luck.

Oct 9, 2013 at 2:12 AM Post #18 of 36
Depression has increased. I won't be losing weight for while. Good luck, Paul!

Don't buy good headphones. They'll make you sit and listen to music, you won't lose weight that way.

Buy some horrible beats. Then you'll be able to focus on the running (away from horrible music).

Oct 9, 2013 at 2:44 AM Post #19 of 36
Depression has increased. I won't be losing weight for while. Good luck, Paul!

Sorry to hear that.  I'll keep posting anyway - let you know if I make any progress.

Unfortunately no 'formal' exercise yesterday - had clients in town.  Out for a meal and drinks.  Salad and fresh fish - but still ended up having a couple of beers and 3 white wines (curse you alcohol!).

Today's walk 8.4 km - 1hr 12m. 

Oct 13, 2013 at 12:14 AM Post #20 of 36
Thursday - 7.6 km walk.  Friday and Saturday were 'washouts'.  Today around 6.5 km + swimming this morning.  That was more fun than serious exercise though.

Weekly weigh-in (drum roll) .......

Water 48.1% - last week 47.8% - have been drinking far more water lately though, so not surprised it's up.
Muscle 55.4% - last week 55.5% - reminder - need to do weights 3 times a week as well as the cardio.
Fat 28.0% - last week 28.5%.  This is the number I wanted to see go down.  On the right track.

Weight 94.0kg - last week 96.5kg = 2.5 kg drop

Only first week and I know things will slow as I progress - but feeling pretty good.

Oct 14, 2013 at 5:36 AM Post #22 of 36
9.08 km today (walk) - had to jog a couple of km due to the wind and rain.  1hr 14m.

Weights and some time on the 'torture machine' (elliptical x-trainer) tomorrow I think. 

Oct 16, 2013 at 5:25 PM Post #24 of 36
Didn't end up doing anything Tuesday.

10.1 Km last night (5km walking, 5km jogging) - basically jogged every 2nd km.  1hr 15m

Had sneaky jump on the scales this morning (weight only) - 93.3 kg - so still shrinking. 

Oct 18, 2013 at 11:26 AM Post #25 of 36
I just spent the last four years on a weight loss program. The benefits really started in January when I purchased a bike. The trick is to do it long term. Don't use a scale and micromanage, no junk food. Weight training increases your living metabolic rate gaining size, shedding fat and your weight stays the same for a year. The next year your cloths don't fit and that's how you know it's all working.

Walks, biking, gym and no junk food. It takes years though. I have never seen a quick diet work.

Lots of water all the time. Ice Cream bars instead of gallons. Basic food like rice, bread, chicken, lean hamburger. No sauce, no frozen food. Fruit and vegetables. Food still can not have a negative view, that's why with exercise you can eat all you want. At times you will actually gain weight back, but looking at it on a yearly basis your always loosing weight.

The side benifit is along with feeling great, getting a new self view back, all those health related problems go completely away.

Oct 20, 2013 at 3:01 AM Post #26 of 36
2 x 7km last two days.  Very windy too.

Weekly weigh-in (drum roll) .......

Water 48.7% - last week 48.1% - first week 47.8%
Muscle 55.5% - last week 55.4% - first week 55.5%
Fat 27.3% - last week 28.0% - first week 28.5%.

Weight 92.9kg - last week 94.0kg - first week 96.5kg = 3.6 kg down total so far.

Oct 20, 2013 at 5:01 AM Post #28 of 36
  I weighed 78kg at the end of summer, currently 92kg. Gained pretty much 10kg in one month. Weird thing is that I feel better now, and laugh more.

Considering you haven't advised anything about yourself (other than your weight) - it's kind of difficult to know what to say.  What's your height?  Your age?  Was there a reason you gained so much in such a short time?  TBH 10kg in a month kind of sounds a bit 'far fetched' .....

Pleased you feel better.  I don't.  I was  a lot happier with myself when I was sub 85kg.  I should be back there (and happier, and healthier) early in the new year.

Oct 20, 2013 at 6:21 AM Post #29 of 36
Well you don't have to say anything :D I just quit sports and started eating a...bit... less healthy. But most of it is just water, so I will probably lose it as fast as I have gained it.

Oct 20, 2013 at 7:46 AM Post #30 of 36
How about not allowing yourself to listen to music unless you exercise at the same time? Then you may associate exercise with fun rather then pain. And music may ease the pain also :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back