Getting into CD, so i need a CDP
Mar 14, 2006 at 1:56 AM Post #18 of 20
to the person who was asking about a good CD / SACD player,
when I upgraded to an HDTV last summer, I decided to upgrade my DVD player to a progressive scan. I also wanted to get SACD if I could do it for under $500. After lots of online research, I avoided the Korean models and went with the Sony DVP-NS775V, which I got for $109 at Best Buy. The sound quality on SACD's is amazing. It was just like the first time I heard stereo in the 60's after only hearing AM mono radio. The NS775V plays DVD's, CD's, SACD's, as well as mp3's, and DVD+-R's and RW's - I've tested them all in the past months. Just make sure you have a receiver that can handle the 5.1 audio inputs. Luckily my 7 year old Yamaha receiver had 6 inputs in the back labelled "external decoder" which the manual said were for "digital surround formats of the future". Good thing they were thinking ahead! Now I've got my favorite Elton John, Steely Dan, Pink Floyd etc. CD's on SACD's and the sound is unbelievable. This was the best 100 bucks I've ever spent.
Randy

Mar 14, 2006 at 2:50 AM Post #19 of 20
Can the CE-595 be modded?

And how good of a transport is it? I plan to get a DAC to Redbook, so if the CE595 turn out to be a good transport, it just might be the product that I'm looking for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back