Getting HQ Player set up
Jan 1, 2021 at 8:31 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

NYanakiev

Headphoneus Supremus
Happy 2021!

I have been considering adding a Mscaler to use with my Hugo 2 (and hopefully 2Go) for a while but thought I should look at a software solution first.

Would very much appreciate someone's guidance in setting it up correctly in Roon. I have a Vortexbox audio server https://www.vortexbox.co.uk/Audiostore_Prestige_3/p317978_16932231.aspx

I installed and enabled the HQ Player Server app on it and enabled it in Roon. There is, however, no sound when I try to play music on my PC (currently connected to a Focal Arche dac/amp). I also downloaded the HQ Player Win 10 app but couldn't find any configuration options.

Cheers,
Nick

Jan 4, 2021 at 10:47 AM Post #2 of 4
Happy 2021!

I have been considering adding a Mscaler to use with my Hugo 2 (and hopefully 2Go) for a while but thought I should look at a software solution first.

Would very much appreciate someone's guidance in setting it up correctly in Roon. I have a Vortexbox audio server https://www.vortexbox.co.uk/Audiostore_Prestige_3/p317978_16932231.aspx

I installed and enabled the HQ Player Server app on it and enabled it in Roon. There is, however, no sound when I try to play music on my PC (currently connected to a Focal Arche dac/amp). I also downloaded the HQ Player Win 10 app but couldn't find any configuration options.

Cheers,
Nick

So you're using HQPlayer Desktop, correct? You need to enable network communications -- it's one of the little icons in the menu bar.

So . . . .
* Connect your DAC to the computer running HQPlayer
* Enable network communications in HQPlayer Desktop
* Enable HQPlayer in Roon under Settings > Setup > Add HQPlayer > [enter IP address of machine running HQPlayer]
* Select the HQPlayer zone in Roon
* Select music and press play.

Mar 12, 2023 at 12:40 PM Post #4 of 4
It costs money, contact the developer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back