Getting Foobar to look like MediaMonkey
Oct 4, 2006 at 5:48 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

narticus

100+ Head-Fier
So, I've recently installed Foobar w/ Kernel Streaming and have been enjoying the sound much more than MediaMonkey w/ ASIO (via ASIO4ALL). Now I'm thinking of making the switch, but foobar's interface is the only thing holding me back. It'd be PERFECT if I could get it set up the same way I have MM set up.

Could anyone help me in this process? Here's a screenshot of my current setup:

I mainly want Foobar to have a "Now Playing" window the way MM does in the upper left. With a separate window below that displays the library. I find this the most useful when I want to go through my library and edit/delete things. This way I don't mess up the playlist (now playing list) while I am browsing/editting.

Also, I really like the display tree in Mediamonkey, so if there's any way to get one like that in Foobar I'd like to know.

I've figured out how to get the album art where I want it, but can foobar read/store album art in ID3 tags like MM can?

Thanks in advance, and sorry for another foobar thread.

Oct 5, 2006 at 12:03 AM Post #2 of 6
Have you tried posting on the Foobar forums?

Oct 5, 2006 at 3:42 AM Post #4 of 6
there's a lot of info available within the hydrogen audio foobar forums. a fellow head fi'er posted good how-to beginner instructions. plan to spend a fair amount of time on this. i took it to a point where i had a practical interface. i realized it wasn't worth trying to make it as pretty as some did. i just don't spend much time staring at my player.
tongue.gif

Oct 5, 2006 at 9:49 AM Post #5 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by narticus
So, I've recently installed Foobar w/ Kernel Streaming and have been enjoying the sound much more than MediaMonkey w/ ASIO (via ASIO4ALL).

Have you tried MM w/ Kernel Streaming output plugin (DL link in my sig)?

jiitee

Oct 5, 2006 at 2:41 PM Post #6 of 6
After starting this thread, I went back to that post of yours. I somehow missed that link the first time around, so I now have the .dll installed and working. I couldn't really give it a proper listen last night, but from what I could make of it, it did indeed sound better than ASIO output via ASIO4ALL.

Thanks Jiiteepee!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back