Getting FitEar customs in the US?
Oct 28, 2014 at 6:05 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Schokolade bar

100+ Head-Fier
Hello,
I am interested in getting some MH334's from FitEar to serve as my primary IEM, but I  have not found a clear guide on how to acquire them, and how the ear specifications would be sent?

Thanks!

Oct 28, 2014 at 11:21 PM Post #2 of 5
  Hello,
I am interested in getting some MH334's from FitEar to serve as my primary IEM, but I  have not found a clear guide on how to acquire them, and how the ear specifications would be sent?

Thanks!

You cannot get them in the US. The only way is to travel to a (most commonly asian) country that has official distributors of FitEar. If you go to Jaben, they provide impressions on the spot, so that is probably the best way to do it. You can then have your customs sent back to your home address back in the states. 

I wish I could have gone to Japan and just ordered directly, as resellers do have a price markup of a few hundred dollars, but sadly they turn down anyone who doesn't have a perm residency in Japan. 

Oct 28, 2014 at 11:31 PM Post #3 of 5
  You cannot get them in the US. The only way is to travel to a (most commonly asian) country that has official distributors of FitEar. If you go to Jaben, they provide impressions on the spot, so that is probably the best way to do it. You can then have your customs sent back to your home address back in the states. 

I wish I could have gone to Japan and just ordered directly, as resellers do have a price markup of a few hundred dollars, but sadly they turn down anyone who doesn't have a perm residency in Japan. 

What do you think the best reseller is near Tokyo or Osaka ? 

Oct 28, 2014 at 11:36 PM Post #4 of 5
  What do you think the best reseller is near Tokyo or Osaka ? 

I'm not sure traveling to Japan would work. I think the major resellers there (Fujiya Avic and E-Earphone) would turn away foreigners without perm residency...

I had to get mine from Jaben HK because I heard from another head-fier who went to Japan and left empty handed...

Oct 28, 2014 at 11:47 PM Post #5 of 5
Ah I see, that's unfortunate. Do you think your FitEar monitors were worth it or do US based competitors (Westone/JH) have pretty close sound quality? I generally just wanted the FitEar's because a lot of my favorite artists use them in addition to owning two of their universal monitors.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back