Getting first headphone
Sep 2, 2009 at 3:55 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

hellzlegend

New Head-Fier
My first time getting a headphone and I want to make the best choice. Under $150.
It has to be comfortable with decent SQ.
Are the on ear better or over ear?
I listen to all sorts of music so that might be a problem

Sep 2, 2009 at 4:00 AM Post #3 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by 1Time /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What sound card or other equipment will you be plugging these headphones into?

Do you want headphones that help keep the sound from leaking out so as to not bother others near by? Or, is that not so much of a concern?

My mp3, psp, and computer. Mostly listening on the go and not much of an audiophile. Just a 18yr old guy who like music.
Sound leaking out is not much of a concern since I don't care about what others think.

Sep 2, 2009 at 4:07 AM Post #5 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by hvu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What sort of music do you prefer more or are looking for a pair of headphone with bass, highs or etc.

I listen to mostly pop,ballad,R&B but other things also like jazz, rock, classic.
Not much of a basshead guy but decent bass will be good.

Sep 2, 2009 at 6:19 AM Post #7 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by hellzlegend /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I listen to mostly pop,ballad,R&B but other things also like jazz, rock, classic.

With such diverse tastes I second 1Time's suggestion for 555 and mod them. They are very versatile, and bass is not bad (and improves with equalization), is tight and of good quality.

Sep 2, 2009 at 6:45 AM Post #8 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by hellzlegend /img/forum/go_quote.gif

And yet you go by the handle 'hellzlegend' - clearly your Satanic urges extend to a hobby other than music.
tongue.gif

(believe me when I tell you that this hobby has taken many straight to hell - my advice is to get out while you still can. Most of us are barking mad...... )

Users who are viewing this thread

Back