Getting Back Into Head-Fi, Opinions Needed!
Apr 14, 2008 at 2:54 AM Post #16 of 19
How would this setup work? Laptop optical out -> Zero DAC/Preamp -> Little Dot II -> Denon AH-D2000? It wouldn't cost too much (seemingly a pretty good bang for the buck, but I could be wrong).

Apr 14, 2008 at 5:14 PM Post #17 of 19
So my impulses got the best of me, and I just splurged on the following: AH-D2000's, Zero DAC/Pre-amp/Amp, Monster coaxial and Toslink cables (for two inputs to the Zero), and a Chaintech AV-710.

I'll be running optical out from the Chaintech to the Zero, and the other input is going to be connected via coaxial to my Pioneer DV-563A CD/DVD player. Eventually, I'm going to move the Zero to a preamp and connect the RCA analog out to a dedicated tube amp.

Any opinions? Comments? Suggestions? I'm thinking about eventually switching the opamps on the Zero to x3 OPA627's.

Apr 15, 2008 at 11:50 PM Post #18 of 19
Anyone?
frown.gif

Apr 16, 2008 at 1:48 AM Post #19 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by jrosenth /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Find a Sextett

Too late now, but I agree. The mids are very sweet, and these are sooooooo intimate. With the early-production version, the OP would be quite happy(read: LOTs of bass). Maybe he should ebay hunt for a while, may be able to score a pair for $30-60

Users who are viewing this thread

Back