Getting back in... recommendations for HD600
Dec 21, 2018 at 11:53 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

ScrapIron

100+ Head-Fier
Well, after a hiatus, I'm getting back into audio. This time, I am keeping it simple, looking for an Amp/DAC in the $150 - $200 range.

1. I have the HD600. I will swap out the stock cable for the Senn cable with 1/4 plug. Not going to "cable-land" anymore.
2. Using a Mac Mini (1TB Fusion drive) as the source.
3. Most files were ripped from a CD, no idea what the sample/bit rate is. Probably mid/low. Will check this weekend. Streaming will fill in the rest (Amazon,Spotify).

Not interested in tubes- been there, done that. Spent way too much money, had way too many tubes. Searching so far. Schitt Modi/Magni seems good. Also the Fiio K3. Will keep searching posts here as well.

Thanks in advance-

Dec 24, 2018 at 3:37 PM Post #3 of 3
Well, after a hiatus, I'm getting back into audio. This time, I am keeping it simple, looking for an Amp/DAC in the $150 - $200 range.
1. I have the HD600. I will swap out the stock cable for the Senn cable with 1/4 plug. Not going to "cable-land" anymore.
2. Using a Mac Mini (1TB Fusion drive) as the source.
3. Most files were ripped from a CD, no idea what the sample/bit rate is. Probably mid/low. Will check this weekend. Streaming will fill in the rest (Amazon,Spotify).
Not interested in tubes- been there, done that. Spent way too much money, had way too many tubes. Searching so far. Schitt Modi/Magni seems good. Also the Fiio K3. Will keep searching posts here as well.
Thanks in advance-
Apple products seem to come with fairly decent built in DAC functions.
So maybe for now just get a headphone amplifier.
You can always add an external DAC at a later date.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back