Getting an HTC One M8 need headphones and possibly DAC
Oct 22, 2014 at 3:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Ike1985

Headphoneus Supremus
Hey guys!

I am new to the forums, happy to be here.  I download all my music in lossless-typically flac-format.  It has been a long time since I had a decent phone, I'm currently using an iphone 3 and have used rockbox before on my ipod before for flac files.  I am interested only in IEM headphones and have previously owned the Hifiman REzero or maybe RE0, I always get them confused.  I was very impressed with the audioquality when playing flac files.

Now I'm looking to trash my iphone 3 and get an HTC ONE M8(I heard it has the best audio quality chip).  I need suggestions on which IEMs I should get with my HTC ONE.  My budget is sub $200.  Also is a dac necessary for this phone? 

Thank You

Oct 22, 2014 at 5:23 PM Post #3 of 7
  I can recommend the AKG K545 for your headphones. As for the DAC, I don't think you'll need one with a phone with specs as good as that for audio.

Good, that's what I wanted to hear.  So essentially one would not be able to tell a difference when listening to a flac file with this phone and good pair of IEMs with and without a dac. cool.

Oct 22, 2014 at 9:33 PM Post #4 of 7
What about getting a DAP instead of the one? It might be cheaper to just keep my phone and get a dedicated lossless player. Will the quality be better with a dap in the $300 range?

Oct 23, 2014 at 7:59 AM Post #6 of 7
What about getting a dap instead?  I already have a working phone and I'm primarily concerned about music quality, could I get better quality audio with a DAP ($300 or less) than I could with the new phone?

Oct 23, 2014 at 8:10 AM Post #7 of 7
If you want a new phone then get a new phone. A DAP would probably sound better, but it probably isn't worth it considering your budget.

You're better off spending all that money on some nice IEMs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back