Getting AKG K701 from US to UK
Dec 20, 2005 at 3:23 PM Post #16 of 27
I think it should be near zero odds ...

Seriously, the price quoted by Todd is really attractive ... However, the problem is I'm not in the states ...
frown.gif

Well, I'll be waiting for my delivery from Jan now ... Just got a confirmation from him ....
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 20, 2005 at 4:48 PM Post #17 of 27
I want to get a pair too, but how did you get such an attractive quote? Just wondering if it's an obvious thing coz I'm yet to find it anywhere significantly lower than 399 usd. If it's a personal deal and you don't want to share, that's ok.

Dec 20, 2005 at 5:20 PM Post #18 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by MarkyMark
Just check Meier Audio site - the 335 Euro price is for customers outside the EU, it is 385 inside the EU. So may be better to import from the US!
orphsmile.gif

i never quite understood that ...

Dec 20, 2005 at 5:29 PM Post #20 of 27
it's simply that within Europe the tax has to be added, the US price is without any tax added at the European end - but would the US add any import taxes, I don't know. Perhaps it's the same lottery as we have on importing.

Steve

Dec 21, 2005 at 9:30 AM Post #22 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by dskywalker
I want to get a pair too, but how did you get such an attractive quote? Just wondering if it's an obvious thing coz I'm yet to find it anywhere significantly lower than 399 usd. If it's a personal deal and you don't want to share, that's ok.

I don't think it's a personal deal ... Perhaps the price is slightly different within and outside the states?

This is my first time dealing with todd
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 24, 2005 at 1:35 PM Post #23 of 27
Got my 701 delivered by DHL on friday ... Thanks Jan .. And thanks Todd for quoting me the wonderful price ...
smily_headphones1.gif

10012260rz.jpg

Giving it a good amount of burn in now ... Can't really say much for now as it will definitely be unfair to the 701 ... Hopefully will be able to give it a proper burn in and listen to it this weekend
smily_headphones1.gif

Till then, have fun and merry xmas guys !!!

Dec 24, 2005 at 2:07 PM Post #24 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by Geminist
Got my 701 delivered by DHL on friday ... Thanks Jan .. And thanks Todd for quoting me the wonderful price ...
smily_headphones1.gif

You got these from Todd?? Does this mean he got his new inventory? Got one on order, love to see it next week --

Dec 24, 2005 at 2:13 PM Post #25 of 27
Sorry, I should have made it clear .. .I got these from Jan and he sent this out on last wednesday ... I sent an email to both Todd and Jan but due to some geographical constraints, I decided to go with Jan instead ...

It's Jan from Meier Audio
smily_headphones1.gif

Sorry for the previous confusion .. I'm just excited now ...
580smile.gif

Dec 24, 2005 at 3:47 PM Post #27 of 27
Haha ... It's okay ...

I got this from Meier Audio and it cost me about 260 GBP (everything incuded and Jan delivered it using DHL Priority) ...

I'm still listening to it now and I must say I'm impressed by the way this headphone seperates the instruments and the ability to pick up the slightest details (even faulty recordings) ......

Users who are viewing this thread

Back