Get the best of my Meze 99 classics
Jul 31, 2020 at 10:42 AM Post #16 of 21
So I received the K3 this morning, and... I'm not sure it makes a difference on my downloaded music from iTunes.
However, I'm trying TIDAL and I feel there is something more when listening with the "HiFi Master" mode. It might be in my head though. It might be that my hears are really not the hears of an audiophile, I ****ed them up somehow, and I'll never hear what you guys can hear.

I would be tempted to try also the K5 pro, but I'm not sure how to connect it to my computer. It looks like I would have to connect it in place of my Logitech Z906?

Jul 31, 2020 at 10:51 AM Post #17 of 21
So I received the K3 this morning, and... I'm not sure it makes a difference on my downloaded music from iTunes.
However, I'm trying TIDAL and I feel there is something more when listening with the "HiFi Master" mode. It might be in my head though. It might be that my hears are really not the hears of an audiophile, I ****ed them up somehow, and I'll never hear what you guys can hear.

I would be tempted to try also the K5 pro, but I'm not sure how to connect it to my computer. It looks like I would have to connect it in place of my Logitech Z906?
No, don't worry about the downloaded music from iTunes. I had the exact same thing and I was dumb enough to try a youtube music... It sounds the same as when I was using E10K. But when playing games and watching movies, the difference is huge! The sound is immense and immersive!

How do you use the K3? With pc? And the K5 Pro is just like a printer: connected to the pc via usb, downloade driver and you're good to go.

I'm not an audiophile and will not consider myself as one, I consider myself as someone who appreciates very good sound.

Jul 31, 2020 at 12:44 PM Post #18 of 21
No, don't worry about the downloaded music from iTunes. I had the exact same thing and I was dumb enough to try a youtube music... It sounds the same as when I was using E10K. But when playing games and watching movies, the difference is huge! The sound is immense and immersive!

How do you use the K3? With pc? And the K5 Pro is just like a printer: connected to the pc via usb, downloade driver and you're good to go.

I'm not an audiophile and will not consider myself as one, I consider myself as someone who appreciates very good sound.

Yes, it's connected via USB 3.0 on the front panel of my PC.

About the K5 Pro, I didn't see the rather unconventional USB type B input at first, but yes ok it's there. Do you think I should try the K5 pro, having already the K3? I can always sell the K3 in second hand.

EDIT: I just ordered the K5 pro on Amazon.de for 159 euros. I'll either keep the small K3 for my laptop, or sell it.

Last edited:
Jul 31, 2020 at 5:03 PM Post #19 of 21
Yes, it's connected via USB 3.0 on the front panel of my PC.

About the K5 Pro, I didn't see the rather unconventional USB type B input at first, but yes ok it's there. Do you think I should try the K5 pro, having already the K3? I can always sell the K3 in second hand.

EDIT: I just ordered the K5 pro on Amazon.de for 159 euros. I'll either keep the small K3 for my laptop, or sell it.
Kinda the same as what I did. I'll keep the E10K just in case and it's usb-powered.

Try to use the K5 Pro for more than only music, it's where it shines. My audio files are pretty fine quality and I don't gain any change between the E10K and the K5 Pro. But in games and movies? It's a pleasure!

Aug 24, 2020 at 11:06 PM Post #20 of 21
Well, I received the K5 pro a week ago, and it may seem strange, but I'm back to the K3. If I listen to the same stuff at a similar volume on the K5 and the K3, after an hour or so of listening through the K5 pro, my hears begin to ring. I don't have that with the K3.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back