Get suggestions based on songs/artists liked
Nov 26, 2007 at 10:19 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

sosaited

New Head-Fier
First of all, sorry for the lame and vague title, but I couldn't think of anything better.

I was wondering if there is any site, forum, or topic on head-fi.org, in which you tell other members the songs and artists you like the most (to give a bit idea about your choice of music), and then they suggest some artists and songs that you should like.

Thanks

Nov 26, 2007 at 10:52 AM Post #2 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by sosaited /img/forum/go_quote.gif
First of all, sorry for the lame and vague title, but I couldn't think of anything better.

I was wondering if there is any site, forum, or topic on head-fi.org, in which you tell other members the songs and artists you like the most (to give a bit idea about your choice of music), and then they suggest some artists and songs that you should like.

Thanks

There would've been such a topic if you included some of the artists and songs you like.
tongue.gif

Nov 26, 2007 at 6:43 PM Post #4 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by discord /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Pandora?

Agree, Pandora.com is good at suggesting artist or songs that you like based on your criteria, but it doesn't have all artists in their database.

Nov 27, 2007 at 10:24 AM Post #6 of 8
Thanks for the advice and suggestion guys. Unfortunately for me, Pandora can not be used for visitors outside of USA. Is there any other such site/forum?

I guess I should have wrote my fav artists and songs in the first post, but I couldn't think which to choose to best describe my choice of music. anyways here are some of my favs:

Artists:
(Almost all songs of) Linkin Park
Toby Emerson
Some of Paul Van Dyk
Some of DJ Tiesto
few of Spice Girls
few of Eminem

Songs:
Mylo-Paris Four Hundred
Backstreet Boys-Everybody
Enigma-Rave (Club Mix)
Sasha-Magnetic North
Morcheeba-Gained the World
The All Merican Rejects-It ends tonight
Roger Sanchez feat Lisa Pure-Lost
Late Night Alumni-Empty Streets
Paul Oakenfold-Head effect
Sting-Desert Rose (Techno remix)
AFI-Prelude 12/21
Mark Morrison-Return of the Mack
IIO-Rapture (Armin Van Buuren Remix)
Lifehouse-Everything
Alanis Morissette-Uninvited
Paul Oakenfold-Head effect
Paul Rogers-Krafty
Depeche Mode-Precious
Mortal Kombat theme

Nov 29, 2007 at 11:55 PM Post #7 of 8
Anyone please?

As a side note, I just heard this music from the movie "Lost in Translation", and I really liked it. Can anyone tell which genre this falls in? and any similar songs/music like this? Recorded file: (There are some background sounds of movie)

www.asadahmad.com/tmp/music.mp3

And please read my 1st and 6th posts as well.

Nov 30, 2007 at 2:46 AM Post #8 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by sosaited /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anyone please?

As a side note, I just heard this music from the movie "Lost in Translation", and I really liked it. Can anyone tell which genre this falls in? and any similar songs/music like this? Recorded file: (There are some background sounds of movie)

www.asadahmad.com/tmp/music.mp3

And please read my 1st and 6th posts as well.

That's typical Japanese synth-based new age in the 80s. The group SENS still occasionally make something like that (e.g. in their "Palace" trilogy). However, their music is not easily (or cheaply) available outside Asia. A few old, presumably out-of-print albums by Osamu Kitajima (e.g. FM Shrine, In Mind's Way) have a similar sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back